The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Established Americana band looking for steel player (Denver)
Chris Byars

Denver, CO
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2020 8:49 am    

Hi Folks,
This is the band I've been with for the last ~5 years. I played a 52 Fender Custom with C6/A7, A6, E7 tunings. I used delay, rotary, phase, trem, and overdrive at various times for different things. A little country/a little rock 'n' roll, with occasional psychedelics and metal/cow punk to spice things up. A very good time and plenty of room to experiment and continue discovering the hidden mysteries of the straight steel! These are all great guys that are Denver natives with a wide variety of background experience. I'm only leaving the band because I'm leaving the state. Most of the shows are around Denver, although we have traveled to Austin.
-ORIGINAL POST FROM CRAIGSLIST BELOW-
Whiskey Orphans is looking for a lap steel player. We are a hard driving Americana band that has been around for several years. We play mostly originals. Since we play mostly originals, I want to stress that this isn't a paying gig. We play once a month and practice once a week and the money made from gigs goes into the band fund to pay for practice space rent, recording, etc.

Check us out here: https://www.reverbnation.com/whiskeyorphans

Craiglist (original post): https://denver.craigslist.org/tlg/d/denver-established-americana-band/7057888851.html