The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Emmons P/P Standard Height
Geoff Queen

Austin Texas, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jan 2020 8:48 am    

I know i've seen this mentioned on the Forum before, but my searches are coming up short. What is standard height and where is is that measured from on the guitar? Related question: how long are standard legs, and would they be measured from the clutch to the end of the threads? Thanks for any help.

Geoff Queen

Austin Texas, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2020 2:51 pm    

Bump

Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2020 4:17 pm    

Standard height is always measured from the floor to the bottom of the cabinet. And on my p/p guitar, that's about 26 1/8"". The legs measure 23 3/16" (plug shoulder to bottom of clutch) and 21 9/16" (plug shoulder to top of clutch. Typically, the extended (smaller tube) portion of the leg would measure about 2 5/8" with no rubber cap installed, and the guitar perfectly level.

I don't think anyone would count the top threaded portion in a leg length measurement, since that screws into the guitar. I'm guessing these could be termed 26" legs (relating to the guitar height), or 23" legs (relating to the length of the outer tube and clutch). But...I'm not really sure.

Hope this helps. Confused

Gene Tani

Pac NW
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2020 4:49 pm    

I have 5 sets of legs, they're all same length except some rubber caps on the end are taller than others. So 26 3/4" overall length and 26" without threaded part that goes into leg socket, give or take

http://www.steelguitarscanada.com/online-store/products-page-2/other-misc-items/legs-for-carter-starter-pedal-steel-standard-height/

https://www.williamsguitarcompany.com/store_accessories.html

Geoff Queen

Austin Texas, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2020 2:33 pm    

Thanks guys, this helps.

J R Rose

Keota, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2020 5:57 pm    

One More for the record. I have a 1982 D-10 p/p and it sets at 26" to the bottom of front apron. The legs measure 26" from shoulder at the tread end over the tip of rubber cap. I don't think a 1/4" either way would make any difference. My body is four inches thick so to top of outside neck(E-9th) is 30 inches. J.R.