The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Yanuziello resonator
Charlie Hase

Canada
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2020 5:00 pm    

Anyone heard of these dobros? He's a maker from Toronto, ON, Canada. I have an opp to get an older one of his, and am hoping to find more info, and reviews. thnx

Tom Keller

Greeneville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2020 5:17 pm    

Elderly Instruments in Michigan "elderly.com"used to sell them. Sorry I can't provide more information.

K Maul

Hadley, NY/Hobe Sound, FL
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2020 5:35 pm    

I’ve not played one myself but know two or three Canadian players. They speak very highly of his work. I did see and play a Weissenborn style Hawaiian that he made about 20 years ago and thought it was very good sounding and looking. He has a website. Contact him and I’m sure he'd love to talk with you. https://www.yanuziello.com/
tel:416-534-0419
Kevin Maul: Airline, Beard, Clinesmith, Decophonic, Evans, Excel, Fender, Fluger, Gibson, Hilton, Ibanez, Justice, K+K, Live Strings, MOYO, National, Oahu, Peterson, Quilter, Rickenbacher, Sho~Bud, Supro, TC, Ultimate, VHT, Williams, X-otic, Yamaha, ZKing.

Lee Warren

Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2020 6:32 pm    

Hey Charlie ... long time no see!
I trust all’s well with you.
I’ve known Joe Yanuziello for about 30 years, and he makes very fine instruments.
His craftsmanship is top notch.
I believe Mike Holder has one of his ‘Weissenborn’ style guitars.
Hopefully he will chime in.
Lee

Mike Holder

Alabama! Home of the great “Don Helms” & his singer “Hank Williams”!
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2020 8:53 pm    

Yes he will!!.. lol! Happy New Year guys, Charlie you can’t go wrong with anything Joe makes I still own one of his Hawaiian King Weissenborn style instruments and love it! He’s a master builder and amazing person! All the best!!

Charlie Hase

Canada
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2020 10:47 am     thnx guys

Hi Lee & Mike... nice to have some contact after all these years... hope you (both) and yours are well and happy...appreciate your chiming in, as well as the others who did so... the Yanuziello is apparently his 3rd sq neck reso creation from '93... in great shape, w/ JD Fishman Aura p/u and pedal incl. for 2k(cad)... seems silly to pass it up... peace

Mike Holder

Post  Posted 9 Jan 2020 10:55 am    

I owned one of his Koa builds and it now belongs to David Ristrim in Nashville. Burke Carroll, Mike Eckart and Don Rooke all have his instruments in the Toronto area. You won’t be disappointed! Enjoy!!

John Sluszny

Brussels, Belgium
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2020 11:30 am    

K Maul wrote:
I’ve not played one myself but know two or three Canadian players. They speak very highly of his work. I did see and play a Weissenborn style Hawaiian that he made about 20 years ago and thought it was very good sounding and looking. He has a website. Contact him and I’m sure he'd love to talk with you. https://www.yanuziello.com/
tel:416-534-0419

You'll find a clip of a low D (C# actually) tuning square neck resonator on this site. Sounds pretty good !

Lee Holliday

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2020 11:36 am    

Joseph makes lovely guitars, his resonators are up there with the best, great tone and quality fit and finish. They are few and far between, if you see one snap it up.

Lee

Ian McLatchie

Sechelt, British Columbia
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2020 6:09 pm    

I might as well jump in here! Hi, Mike. Hope you're doing well. It's been a long time since we were neighbors. I didn't know you owned a Hawaiian King. I regret I never bought one. Much as I loved my Knutsen harp Hawaiian it couldn't compare with the Hawaiian King. Your Yanuziello reso, as I remember was the second one Joe built. Don Rooke's was number 1, mine #3 and Steve Miller's #4. By the way, I still have the Rick Bakelite I bought from you. It's been well loved!

Mike Holder

Post  Posted 21 Jan 2020 8:27 am    

Hi Ian!;.. Long time my friend! I miss all you guys but not the snow!!... lol! Nothing here but Kudos for Joe! May as well add yourself to the Alumni Charlie!! Reach out to Ian, he’s a wealth of knowledge on all styles and has an incredible audio library. Glad you are all doing so well!

Ian McLatchie

Sechelt, British Columbia
Post  Posted 23 Jan 2020 5:00 pm    

Back at ya, Mike! Hope you're doing well. I'm with you on the snow. There are many things I miss about Toronto, but the winter weather isn't one.