The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  How to attach Stroboplus HD?
Brett Hansen

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 7 Dec 2019 11:25 am    

I bought a bracket off EBAY and I don't like it. It's some kind of camera holder or something. What is the best way to hook these to your steel leg? Or is there a better way?

Andy Vance

Graham, Washington, USA
Post  Posted 7 Dec 2019 11:56 am    

I use the bracket that they sell for this purpose

https://www.petersontuners.com/shop/item/StroboPlus-HD-Pitch-Holder-Assembly

Mine works great for my needs.

Bill Miller

Gaspe, Quebec, Canada
Post  Posted 7 Dec 2019 3:09 pm    

The brackets they sell for it are junky in my opinion. They don't hold place unless you tighten them to the point where they either strip or break. I have camera lens mounts with similar mechanics that are of high quality materials and they hold tight. I'd gladly pay more for a tuner clamp/mount system that was made like that. ( I am referring to the swivel mount section )

Ken Pippus

Langford, BC, Canada
Post  Posted 7 Dec 2019 3:43 pm    

The bracket for the StroboFlip was great, and included. Bracket for the HD is pretty disappointing. Like the tuner, though!

Craig A Davidson

Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin USA
Post  Posted 7 Dec 2019 6:55 pm    

Bill Miller wrote:
The brackets they sell for it are junky in my opinion. They don't hold place unless you tighten them to the point where they either strip or break. I have camera lens mounts with similar mechanics that are of high quality materials and they hold tight. I'd gladly pay more for a tuner clamp/mount system that was made like that. ( I am referring to the swivel mount section )

Mine works just fine.

Bruce Bjork

Southern Coast of Maine
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2019 6:39 am    

I’m using a FOTYRIG camera clamp mount around 12 bucks at amazon works much better than the Petersen one

Tommy Mc

Middlesex VT
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2019 1:59 pm    

Bill Miller wrote:

I find that mine doesn't need to be tightened with a death grip to stay in place. But...there's a lot of plastic in it and feels like one good bump and it's going to snap. If (when) that happens, I'll probably figure a way to attach the swivel to a spring clamp. I know it only takes a few seconds, but I find tightening the thumb screw to the steel leg be a pain.

Bill Miller

Gaspe, Quebec, Canada
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2019 4:50 pm    

Quote:
I find that mine doesn't need to be tightened with a death grip to stay in place.

Well I wonder if there different versions depending on when it was made. I tightened the screw that clamps the ball swivel as tight as possible by hand and it still just had to have the slightest bump to move out of place. I tried tightening it a bit more with pliers and one of the plastic wings broke off the tightener. It's all just a question of quality materials. You can get this type of apparatus about the same size that will hold a 5 or 6 pound camera lens rock solid on a tripod. Cheap? No. Effective? Yes! I love the tuner but the clamp annoys me every time I use it.

Paddy Long

Christchurch, New Zealand
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2019 6:08 pm    

I would say the whole idea of the much larger display is so you can leave it sitting on the floor and still read it easily :-}
Telonics, Peterson, Steelers Choice, Benado, Lexicon, Red Dirt Cases.