The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  PC Audio Labs?
Dan Kelly

Boston, MA
Post  Posted 4 Dec 2019 4:18 pm    

I have been reading about and considering a desk top computer assembled specifically for use with recording software and DAWS. PC Audio Labs is one provider of such computers. The processor, SSD's, sound card and drivers and other components are supposed to be tweaked to maximize the DAW's performance and interface compatibility and minimize latency.

The computer can still be used as a "day to day" workhorse, as well. The pricing seems reasonable.

Does anyone have experience with such computers or have any thoughts on the subject?

mtulbert

Plano, Texas 75023
Post  Posted 4 Dec 2019 5:46 pm    

Sent you an pm.

Rittenberry Laquer D10, Rittenberry Prestige SD10, Revelation Preamp,Revelation Octal Preamp,Lexicon PCM 92 Reverb, Furlong Cabinet

mtulbert

Plano, Texas 75023
Post  Posted 7 Dec 2019 5:25 am    

Dan,

I sent you an email to your response and was womdering if you got it? My contact info is there for us to talk.

Mark T.

Rittenberry Laquer D10, Rittenberry Prestige SD10, Revelation Preamp,Revelation Octal Preamp,Lexicon PCM 92 Reverb, Furlong Cabinet

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 7 Dec 2019 6:38 am    

I referred him to Purrfect Audio (Jim Roseberry) in the same post in Computers.

Dan Kelly

Boston, MA
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2019 6:03 pm    

Hey Mark!

I did not receive your original PM. So... I e-mailed you and PM'd as well. No Luck. Let's try again.

As the jailer in "Cool Hand Luke" said... "What we have here is a failure to communicate." Smile

mtulbert

Plano, Texas 75023
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2019 10:46 pm    

Dan,

For some really strange reason which I do not understand, you are not getting my PM or emails. I responded to the email you sent with contact information.

If you don't mind please send me another email with your contact information and I will reach out to you for sure.

regards,

Ben Michaels

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2019 3:03 am    

Dan,

My 0.02 on PCaudiolabs. My background is building PCs since 06, playing way to many video games, and working in IT.

Looks like they sell nice pre-assembled computers and use quality parts. If you want support, it looks like they stand behind the products they build. From the recording side, I really like that they address PC noise. This is often overlooked and something that I have personalized by PC for. A gamer won't necessarily care if the high end parts in the PC are cranking out the dbs, but when you are recording, mixing, monitoring, etc it is really nice to have a quiet computer.

Downside to them is they are expensive. You seem to get what you pay for in terms of parts. Yes it would be cheaper to build your own, but then you need the know how and troubleshooting to be able to do so. One thing to keep in mind is that you will need to purchase all the recording software separately. Make sure you budget for your DAW, effects, etc. They can add up really quick. Lmk if you have any specific questions.

Dan Kelly

Boston, MA
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2019 6:20 pm    

Mark! You have been PM,d and e-mailed again. Please let me know if you received my info.

Ben - Thanks for your help. Building my own is not on the radar. I really just do not know enough or have the experience about tweaking or compatibility issues. However, I will be learning more before pulling the trigger.

mtulbert

Plano, Texas 75023
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2019 6:58 pm    

Got your info and have responded