The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Jeffran
Gary Webb

New York, USA
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2019 7:30 pm    

Doe's anyone know if Jeffran has fingerpicks again?

Hook Moore

South Charleston,West Virginia
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2019 1:37 am    

Several of us have pre-paid for picks from Jeffran nearly 2 years ago. No picks, no refund.

Craig Schwartz

McHenry IL
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2019 4:38 am    

Very upsetting, they were great picks it just makes me think not to buy anything from these people anymore,
They never apologized for keeping my money after several emails sent to there site either but yet they send advertisements , the lastest one was an advertisement for an apology for other lessons and product deals gone bad, more bad news I guess

Ken Boi

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2019 7:22 am    

I don't believe they are presently selling the fingerpicks, and not sure if they plan to. Apparently they had difficulties with a manufacturer or something and the picks never became reality. I was able to get a refund against a subsequent product order I placed with Jeffran.

I am not attempting to defend their practices but I do feel they have great material to offer. I have ordered quite a few of their products and only had one instance where I wasn't sure if the order was ever coming. Working with PayPal, everything was eventually resolved satisfactorily.

If you are interested in their product, maybe the following might alleviate some anxiety in ordering. I received this a couple days ago via email. I do not have any association with the Jeffran business, other than as a purchaser who has had success in purchasing their product and feel they have a lot of good product to offer the PSG community.

Received 08/17/2019 from jeffran@jeffrancollege.com:

We’re Back!!
Let Us apologize...

We apologize for our unexpected absence in response and shipping time over the last few weeks! We experienced several technical issues that compromised our equipment. With this news, we are very happy to announce that we have all products now in stock as well as equipment up to date and protected from such disasters on the future. Not only this but we have also added more hands in the office to help get all orders shipped quicker as well as better response time in emails & inquiries. We apologize for any inconvenience these delays may have caused anyone, We appreciate the support of each and everyone of you!

As an extension of our apology, we have generated a special one time use code for all email subscribers and friends to receive
50% OFF ANY ONE DVD INSTRUCTIONAL COURSE. Use Promo Code: ONLINEat checkout to receive discount

**customer must enter case sensitive promo code at checkout to receive discount. Valid only on purchases made August 17, 2019- August 19, 2019 only. Cannot be applied to previous purchases.

ALL ORDERS WILL BE SHIPPED MONDAY(August 19, 2019) & TUESDAY(August 20, 2019), once shipped all orders will be updated with USPS tracking information as confirmation. Once shipping confirmation received, please allow 24 hours for USPS website to reflect movement within their system.

Craig Schwartz

McHenry IL
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2019 7:53 am    

I got the same letter, but never a response on the 40 bucks worth of picks a year and a half ago , I have bought since that time but what a crucial mistake on the pre order money ,that’s all it is , We we’re stung and me being in my own business for 35 years I takes that as an insult to my intelligence for future activity with them
Great products when Fran ran the co.

Fred Treece

California, USA
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2019 9:33 am    

If you pre-paid with a credit card, there should be a record of it that can be re-submitted. Jeffran should have a record of whether the order was filled or not.

I know lots of people have had trouble ordering picks over the last couple years. Obviously there was nothing in place to carry on business as usual after Jeff and Fran passed. Maybe now it’s finally coming back together. It seems like The Forum would be a good place to herd all the cats and re-submit all those unfulfilled orders as a group.

Patrick Huey

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2019 10:27 am    

Hmmmm....watching
Pre RP Mullen D10 8/7, Zum 3/4, Carter S-10 3/4, previous Cougar SD-10 3/4 & GFI S-10 3/4, Fender Steel King, 2 Peavey Session 500's, Peavey Nashville 400, Boss DD-3, Profex-II, Hilton Digital Sustain, '88 Les Paul Custom,Epiphone MBIBG J-45, Fender Strat & Tele's, Takamine acoustics, Marshall amps, Boss effects, Ibanez Tube Screamer, and it all started with an old cranky worn out Kay acoustic you could slide a Mack truck between the strings and fretboard on!!

Gene Tani

Pac NW
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2019 5:42 pm    

previous threads

https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=333892

https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=338217

Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2019 7:15 pm    

What Hook said.
Oh Well

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?

John Macy

Rockport TX/Denver CO
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2019 7:17 pm    

No picks, no replies, no refund...at least they quit emailing me looking for me to buy more stuff...

Paul Pearson

Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2019 5:07 am     Picks

Get some show case 1941 you will be set for life best picks I have ever used

Ken Metcalf

San Antonio Texas USA
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2019 4:50 pm    

Very Poor customer service.
Jeff would be disappointed. Sad
https://www.jeffrancollege.com/

Dave Diehl

Mechanicsville, MD, USA
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2019 5:58 am    

Not disappointed Ken, Jeff would be kicking some butt there.

Frank Freniere

The First Coast
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2019 6:22 am    

Slightly off-topic but ... does anyone use, or know anything about, BJ picks like the ones in the picture below?
I can't remember where or when I got them - think it was either at Jeffran or St. Louis. I'm wondering if the BJ stands for Buddy and Jeff...

Fred Treece

California, USA
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2019 7:43 am    

Yes, it’s Buddy and Jeff.
https://steelguitarforum.com/Forum5/HTML/009665.html

Frank Freniere

The First Coast
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2019 8:34 am    

Thanks, Fred!

autry andress

Plano, Tx.
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2019 3:33 pm     U.S.Postal Service

Call the Us postal service Mail Fraud division
1-800-372-8347

John Orr

Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2019 9:21 am     Paypal and Jeffran

I just received an email from Jeffran apologizing for mishandled orders. She blames PayPal for the problem in processing orders. Now, she claims the website us up and running. Pardon me if I am skeptical. Good will once lost is not easy to retrieve.

Pete McAvity

St. Louis, Missouri USA
Post  Posted 7 Dec 2019 10:44 am    

She’s getting less inventive with her excuses.

PayPal doesn’t process orders. They transfer funds. They’re pretty good at it.

They say "thats how it goes". I say "that ain't the way it stays!"

Pete McAvity

St. Louis, Missouri USA
Post  Posted 7 Dec 2019 10:57 am    

She’s getting less inventive with her excuses.

PayPal doesn’t process orders. They transfer funds. They’re pretty good at it.

Patrick Huey

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2019 7:48 am    

Last I heard b0b had suspended/revoked her/their membership here on the SGF because of failure to send products people have ordered or refund people’s money.
Pre RP Mullen D10 8/7, Zum 3/4, Carter S-10 3/4, previous Cougar SD-10 3/4 & GFI S-10 3/4, Fender Steel King, 2 Peavey Session 500's, Peavey Nashville 400, Boss DD-3, Profex-II, Hilton Digital Sustain, '88 Les Paul Custom,Epiphone MBIBG J-45, Fender Strat & Tele's, Takamine acoustics, Marshall amps, Boss effects, Ibanez Tube Screamer, and it all started with an old cranky worn out Kay acoustic you could slide a Mack truck between the strings and fretboard on!!

Patrick Huey

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2019 7:50 am     Re: Paypal and Jeffran

John Orr wrote:
I just received an email from Jeffran apologizing for mishandled orders. She blames PayPal for the problem in processing orders. Now, she claims the website us up and running. Pardon me if I am skeptical. Good will once lost is not easy to retrieve.

John,
Uhmmmm.....website up and running? That’s a negative.

Pete McAvity

St. Louis, Missouri USA
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2019 8:22 am    

She’s gotten crafty, Patrick. Now working out of Jeffran.shop. Looks like the site takes orders but lists NO contact information.

Patrick Huey

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2019 8:07 pm    

Pete McAvity wrote:
She’s gotten crafty, Patrick. Now working out of Jeffran.shop. Looks like the site takes orders but lists NO contact information.

Pete,
I see that. 🙄 makes me wonder why some folks spend more time, effort, and all the stress involved, constantly covering their tracks, trying to keep track of what excuse you told who and when and in trying to be “crafty” and operate in such a shady manner when it would be so much easier to just operate honestly.

Fred Treece

California, USA
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2019 9:04 pm    

Patrick Huey wrote:
I see that. 🙄 makes me wonder why some folks spend more time, effort, and all the stress involved, constantly covering their tracks, trying to keep track of what excuse you told who and when and in trying to be “crafty” and operate in such a shady manner when it would be so much easier to just operate honestly.

Hey hey hey...! We’re not supposed to discuss politics here 😉