The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Warning... DO NOT DO BUSINESS
Tim Pillow

Arizona
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2019 6:22 pm    

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH RON STEENJWIK FROM BENTLEY STEEL GUITARS... 1600.00 WHICH WAS A 50% DEPOSIT MONEY WAS TAKEN. DEPOSIT WAS PUT TRANSFERRED FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT THE FIRST OF MAY WITH A CONTRACT TO DELIIVER AT THE END OF AUGUST 2019

BBB HAS BEEN FILED ALONG WITH CREDIT UNION AND LOCAL AUTHORIES HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED.

HE IS OPENING UP A NEW BUSINESS OVERSEAS, IN HIS HOME COUNTRY!...

THIS POST WILL DELETED IM SURE, BUT TO PROTECT OTHER MEMBER OF THIS COMMUNITY IT HAS TO BE SAID, SO NO OTHER PEOPLGE GET RIPPED OFF!..

Bill Nevins

st.charles,Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2019 6:53 pm     ripoff

I went down the same road with him but used PayPal and at the last minute when I couldn't get him to call me back PayPal pulled my money back.He was the maddest person I ever heard yelling in my life...

Tim Pillow

Arizona
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2019 6:55 pm    

Tim Pillow

Arizona
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2019 6:59 pm    

I have a law encforcement officer will be visiting Mr Steenjwik his residence in the morning...And the Attorney General has been contacted...

Closed my PayPal account they were useless. Never Again

Brian Hollands

Geneva, FL USA
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2019 7:07 pm    

If you're on facebook, you can post this to the pedal steel guitar advice tips and trick group. It won't get deleted there.
I hope you nail him

Tim Pillow

Arizona
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2019 7:10 pm    

Will Do!...

Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2019 8:17 pm     Re: Warning... DO NOT DO BUSINESS

Tim Pillow wrote:

...THIS POST WILL DELETED IM SURE, BUT TO PROTECT OTHER MEMBER OF THIS COMMUNITY IT HAS TO BE SAID, SO NO OTHER PEOPLGE GET RIPPED OFF!..

Tim, all postings and web pages, from here or anywhere else on the internet, can be found in a permanent internet archive. I've even viewed websites and bulletin boards that were officially deleted or closed many years ago.

Ian Rae

Redditch, England
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2019 12:16 am    

And why would it be deleted anyway? It's a useful warning similar to others we get from time to time (sadly). Tim is angry, but that doesn't make him wrong! Smile

This particular culprit has cropped up before, I'm certain.

[edit] I have just come across an admonition from b0b last year not to mention the company name on this site for fear of legal action. Great way to advertise! I'm not sure this guy's legal threats amount to much in view of his own record.

Don R Brown

Rochester, New York, USA
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2019 5:48 am    

One way to approach that would be to make plain, simple statements of facts

1. "On May 1 I sent XYZ Company $2000 for a model __ steel guitar.

2. It was promised by August 1 but has not arrived yet"

3. I called John Q. Smith on 3 occasions, and sent him 2 emails and 2 texts. Each time I was promised it was coming but it did not arrive."

And so on. Stuff like that gets the message across, but does not say something like "John Q. Smith is a crook, thief and embezzler" which might be grounds for slander.

I'm not a lawyer but I would also suggest "Use extreme caution when dealing with___" rather than "Do not do business with___". If there is a previous thread about the seller, by all means add a link to it.

And the side lesson from this, for every one of us, is ALWAYS keep meticulous records any time you enter into a significant transaction. Keep copies of certified mail, shipping records, delivery receipts, write down the date of every phone call, the time, and who you talked to at the company as well as a summary of what they said. Keep all that info at the very least until you have the product and are satisfied with its condition and performance.

Dave Hopping

Aurora, Colorado
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2019 7:05 am    

This is a polite,collegial community,not given to the flame wars seen elsewhere on the 'Net,so the person being discussed doesn't get mentioned here very much.He does,however,get mentioned often on FB in the most uncomplimentary terms,and by folks well known(and highly respected) here.

Tim Pillow

Arizona
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2019 8:09 am    

Bob Hoffnar

Austin, Tx
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2019 9:20 am    

The man is a criminal and sociopath. He takes advantage of steel players as his primary income. The more light we shine on him the less he can hurt others. I see no reason to worry about his wild and delusional legal threats.

Fred Justice

Mesa, Arizona
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2019 11:28 am     Wrong

Your wrong about one thing Bob.
he's NOT a man, but yet some sort of animal at best.

J R Rose

Keota, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2019 1:17 pm    

Tim, This crook/thief has been around here a long, long time. I had a small dealing with him years ago and only lost $20 but it is the same no matter how much. b0b kicked him off the forum but some how he still gets someone and takes them to the cleaners. He even had a booth at last years Dallas Show. But he was never their. I made many trips to it to give him a OKIE lesson but no luck. No one knew how he got the room from the show. Albert I guess did not know about him.
Sorry for your loss but you will more than likely never find him. And for me pay-pal has always work well for me. I was hacked back in Jan. and was in the middle of a $1500 deal but they save me. But I think the Key to it is to make that phone call very quickly. And then call your credit reporting agency and Freeze your Credit. Six months after my hack I got a letter from one of them and they said sorry we cannot clear you for a pay-pal account. And I said I already have one.
I never could get any info from the reporting agency
so I have just left everything froze. I changed my banking info, credit card info and all passwords. So now if I would need to make a credit app. I would have to release the freeze. What a NIGHTMARE to go thru. J.R. Rose

J R Rose

Keota, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2019 1:30 pm    

And Bob Hoffnar pointed out he has never made any legal threat to anyone here. Let him try and maybe we can catch him. RON STEENJWIK is nothing but a Low Life Thief. I detest a THIEF worst than anything. J.R.

Ian Rae

Redditch, England
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2019 1:37 pm    

I'm curious. Did this guy at any time in the distant past actually supply a working instrument to a paying customer?

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2019 1:41 pm    

J R Rose wrote:
And Bob Hoffnar pointed out he has never made any legal threat to anyone here. Let him try and maybe we can catch him. RON STEENJWIK is nothing but a Low Life Thief. I detest a THIEF worst than anything. J.R.

Actually, he has threatened to sue several people here, including me. It's been well over 10 years for me. I'm still waiting. 🤔

Brian Hollands

Geneva, FL USA
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2019 2:47 pm    

Ian Rae wrote:
I'm curious. Did this guy at any time in the distant past actually supply a working instrument to a paying customer?

I'm aware of 2, however "working" is a relative term. Mickey Adams tried to make one of those playable for a guy who fell prey but he couldn't do it. That story is on FB direct from Mickey.

Richard Sinkler

Post  Posted 3 Dec 2019 4:59 pm    

There was the player for the Bellamy Brothers that played one. He did end up selling it though. There are YouTube videos of him playing one in concert.

J R Rose

Keota, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2019 6:10 pm    

Thanks Richard for that info. I hope he does sue me, for what I do not know. He is a THIEF, J.R. Rose

J R Rose

Keota, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2019 6:12 pm    

I forgot to say I have the paper work yet to prove it. J.R.

Richard Sinkler

Post  Posted 4 Dec 2019 4:42 am    

His threats are to sue for defamation of character, libel, and slander.

Ian Rae

Redditch, England
Post  Posted 4 Dec 2019 5:38 am    

as if he had any reputation to damage

David Nugent

Gum Spring, Va.
Post  Posted 4 Dec 2019 6:19 am    

A friend and fellow Forum member told me that he had observed a 'Bentley' for sale in a Nashville steel guitar shop, perhaps he will post a reply...FWIW: I too have been a victim of this so called "gentleman" (long time members will recall the donation of spare parts to build steel guitars for needy kids scam) and have also been threatened with legal action. Guessing that I must be part of a class action libel suit along with Richard, still waiting also!

Malcolm McMaster

Beith Ayrshire Scotland
Post  Posted 4 Dec 2019 11:28 am    

He supplied a guitar to a U.K. player, it was about two years late, when it did arrive it was totally unplayable, I did not see it personally, but it was reported as having a used Mullen changer, although I believe Fessenden parts have been fitted on others, did the rounds of techs over here, but no one could get it playable, and think it may be one of the ones Mickey Adams has.He is banned from the British Steelies Forum, under all the aliases he uses, had personal contact with him (under one of his ailiases) when I received threats , both legal and Physical, from him for daring to criticise him on U.K. Forum, told him to go ahead, and as expected heard no more from him.
MSA Millenium SD10, GK MB200, Sica 12inch cab, Joyo American Sound Pedal/ Jay Ganz Straight Ahead amp, Telonics 15inch in Peavey cab, Digitech RP150, Peterson tuner.Hilton volume pedal.Scott Dixon seat and guitar flight case.