The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Quilter TT12 review
Johnny Cox

Williamsom WVA, raised in Nashville TN, Lives in Hallettsville Texas
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2019 1:08 pm    

Monday I had the chance to try Quilter's new Travis Toy model, the TT12. This combo features Quilter's 202 Tone Block, a Block Dock cabinet and the Eminence TT12 speaker.
I tried it with my late 60s Sho-Bud Permanent and a early 70s Emmons push pull. This amp is everything a steel player could ask for. It has a voice switch that allows to to get a very vintage, tube like sound or a more solid state sound and also a position for using an amp modeler. The Compression control allows for an ultra clean sound when all the way on or you can dial it back and put some hair on the note. The volume and gain controls work much like volume and master controls on a vintage tube amp.
I absolutely love this amplifier and plan to add it to my arsenal very soon. Check it out at https://www.quilterlabs.com/index.php/product/travis-toy-12 or travistoy.com
Johnny

Rick Schmidt

Prescott AZ, USA
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2019 4:24 pm    

I totally agree with all the kudos! This is a great amp! Makes me smile every time I sit down to play. Very Happy

Ron Hogan

Nashville, TN, usa
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2019 7:19 am     Re: Quilter TT12 review

Johnny Cox wrote:
Monday I had the chance to try Quilter's new Travis Toy model, the TT12. This combo features Quilter's 202 Tone Block, a Block Dock cabinet and the Eminence TT12 speaker.
I tried it with my late 60s Sho-Bud Permanent and a early 70s Emmons push pull. This amp is everything a steel player could ask for. It has a voice switch that allows to to get a very vintage, tube like sound or a more solid state sound and also a position for using an amp modeler. The Compression control allows for an ultra clean sound when all the way on or you can dial it back and put some hair on the note. The volume and gain controls work much like volume and master controls on a vintage tube amp.
I absolutely love this amplifier and plan to add it to my arsenal very soon. Check it out at https://www.quilterlabs.com/index.php/product/travis-toy-12 or travistoy.com
Johnny

I'd love to hear your thoughts once you play it out with a band. We always hear a difference once played out vs. Playing an amp at home.

Ron