The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Kanile’a KS-1 SC super concert ukulele w. pickups - n.m.
Ian McLatchie

Sechelt, British Columbia
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2019 7:24 pm    

Up for sale is a 2016 Kanile’a KS-1 SC model super concert ukulele — concert body but with 17” tenor scale. Solid koa top, back and sides, rosewood bridge and fret board, mahogany neck, abalone fret markers, koa peg head overlay with inlaid wood Kanile’a logo. K&K Twin Spot Aloha pickup professionally installed. Includes a quality zipped hard shell tenor case (at the time of manufacture, Kanile’a did not offer a super concert case. One is now available for approximately $100 U.S. However, the tenor case works perfectly well).

The instrument is in near-mint condition: super clean, with no significant nicks, scratches or dings whatsoever.

As the photos show, this is a visually stunning instrument, and it sounds as beautiful as it looks, with the distinctive, bright Kanile’a sound. Excellent volume, flawless intonation and exceptional sustain. A great player in every respect.

The only limitation of this instrument in its present condition is that, for whatever reason, the K&K doesn’t seem to be the pickup best suited for this particular ukulele. Compared to the other half dozen K&K equipped instruments I’ve owned, the sound is tighter and somewhat more feedback-prone — okay, but not as good as expected. Therefore, at no extra cost, I will include the Baggs 5.1 active pickup system that was factory installed in the instrument — a $150 value. It’s an easy installation: bridge is pre-drilled and Velcro for preamp/volume control still in place inside the body.

This is a superior instrument in every way. I am selling it only because I am left-handed and have discovered that correcting intonation for left-hand playing would involve some structural modification. I prefer not to go the eBay route and so am offering the instrument at a bargain price. With both pickups and case, the list price of a new KS-1 SC is approximately $1800. My price is $675 U.S. plus actual shipping cost. You won’t find a better instrument at this price. I pack with obsessive care and try to ship within 24 hours of payment clearing.

Payment by PayPal or cashier's check, as well as e-transfer for Canadian buyers.

Ian McLatchie

Sechelt, British Columbia
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2019 7:26 pm