The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Was there an Emmons “Economy Pro” model?
Eric Philippsen

Central Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2019 3:29 pm    

I know about the Student, Blackrock, LeGrande & Pro model Emmons. But I ran across a reference to perhaps another model - an “Economy Pro” model. Their serial numbers had an “M” attached.

Anyone heard of them.

Thanks

Jerry Van Hoose

Wears Valley, Tennessee
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2019 6:30 am    

For curiosity sake, I would be interested as well. Also, I was under the impression that the wooden pedalboards on the lesser models were merely painted maple wood however, this one also has mica laminate to match the cabinet. Of the PP’s I’ve owned & played, both S10’s & D10’s, this little one has the best tone & sustain. I realize too that proper setup means everything, this one by Lynn Stafford.

Last edited by Jerry Van Hoose on 10 Oct 2019 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Eric Philippsen

Central Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2019 10:30 am    

Jerry,

Does your Emmons’ serial number have an “M” after it’s numbers? For example, 1064M?

Jerry Van Hoose

Wears Valley, Tennessee
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2019 11:32 am    

No, only BR for “Black Rock” following the serial number.

James Mayer

back in Portland Oregon, USA (via Arkansas and London, UK)
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2019 12:48 pm    

where do you find the serial number for these? My Emmons student model doesn't look like any of the others I have seen online.

Johnie King

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2019 2:24 pm    

Here’s a GS student model I give her a little aluminum trim, new adjustable legs an new aluminum pedal board an detachable shelf with wrist pad. Aluminum neck with wood.

Eric Philippsen

Central Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2019 4:19 pm    

James,

An Emmons serial number is stamped underneath the steel. Turn the guitar upside down and look on the ledge of the end plate closest to the changer(s). An incredibly few Emmons did not have SN’s but the vast majority do.

Peter Leavenworth

Madbury, New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 19 Oct 2019 7:32 am     Economy Pro

Do you players with the volume/tone knobs right beside the strings feel they get in the way? They drove me crazy so I moved mine under the cabinet since I keep them at full bore anyway. I noticed one of you installed the raised palm pad, I assume for the same reason?
2008 Zum D-10, 1996 Mullens PRP D-10, 1974 Emmons D-10, 1976 Emmons D-10, early 70s Emmons GS-10, Milkman Sideman head w/Telonics 15" speaker, 1966 Fender Super Reverb, 1970 Fender Dual Showman head, Wechter/Scheerhorn and Beard Dobros, 1962 Supro lap steels, Gibson 1939 RB-11 banjo, Gibson 1978 RB-250
banjo......and way too much more

Jack Hanson

San Luis Valley, USA
Post  Posted 19 Oct 2019 10:01 am     Re: Economy Pro

Peter Leavenworth wrote:
Do you players with the volume/tone knobs right beside the strings feel they get in the way? They drove me crazy...

I have two student model GS-10s. Both have the volume and tone controls, but on one they are disconnected. They drove me crazy at first, too, but I finally did get used to them. I've always wanted to replace them with the red and black push-buttons Gibson used to use to achieve a stutter and a boo-wah effect, but I've never been able to find a proper wiring diagram.