The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Bobby Menard
John McGuire

Swansea,Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 18 Sep 2019 11:33 am    

Bobby Menard passed away today a little after 11 am. Bobby was an outstanding steel picker. He was also the long time owner/operator of Bobby’s Good Time Country in Fairview Heights Il. Bobby hosted many Steel Guitar Hall of Fame Fund Raising shows over the years. He would regularly bring some of the best steel players around to his club to play with his band Bobby’s Cowboys, Buddy Emmons, Curly Chalker, Doug Jernigan just to name a few. He was my idol and the reason I started playing. Rest In Peace Bobby you will be missed but not forgotten.

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 18 Sep 2019 1:57 pm    

Another good one gone. My condolences to the family and friend. Bobby will be mmissed. RIP. Bobby.

Steve Hitsman

Waterloo, IL
Post  Posted 20 Sep 2019 5:12 am    

https://rennerfh.com/robert-menard-sr/?fbclid=IwAR0WuiEJ2tUt4ApyTNAIpBJt4e_JEJJalkw4-M4ks9wl6qukBOIPDjG5xtY

Pat Heller

Missouri, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 20 Sep 2019 6:50 am     Bob Menard

Sorry to hear of Bobby's passing. I played many gigs for him over the years. i rebuilt his old Push Pull last year, he told me he wanted to get back to playing it. He was a great picker and promoter of Steel Guitar. We would start talking guitars on break and the band would be up on stage ready to start a set--- Bobby would tell me, (don't worry about it I own the place), Bless his soul. P.H.

Michael Breid

Eureka Springs, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 24 Sep 2019 8:10 pm    

Bobby gave me a job in the St. Louis--Illinois area when no one else would. Although I worked playing guitar at Bobby's for only a year. He used to come down to the Ozarks and visit, and let me know what was going on musicwise up around his home. He was one of the best friends I ever had. I'll miss him. Especially since he died on my birthday. May he liven up the Heavenly band.