The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Yamaha CGX-171CCA Classical Electric – W/Hard Case
Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2019 7:29 am    

I'm cleaning more stuff out of the closets. Here is a nice Yamaha classical electric I used to play occasionally in a church band, but it hasn't been out of the closet for 5 or 6 years. The camera flash reflection makes it look like there are scrapes and dings, but the guitar is in excellent condition. It has the bridge saddle piezo pickup as well as a condenser microphone. The saddle pickup works fine, but the microphone doesn't seem to be working. I can't remember if it worked when I was playing it or not, I always used the piezo. The price is $265 plus shipping, and I will take Paypal.

Manufacturer Description

CGX171CCA The electric version of the CG171, the CGX171CCA features a solid cedar top with rosewood back and sides. The instrument is complemented with our 2-way System 49 pickup system with piezo pickup and condensor microphone for optimum amplified tone and a cutaway design for greater access to the upper frets

The sweet sound of nylon strings amplified!
This axe features a solid cedar top, rosewood back and sides, a nato neck with ebony fingerboard, gold hardware for a touch of showtime, and a B Band preamp with condenser mic and piezo pickup. Has a slimmer body depth and lower action for easy onstage use.

Features
Solid cedar top
Rosewood back and sides
Slimmer body depth
Nato neck with ebony fingerboard
Rosewood bridge
19 frets
Lower action than is standard for classicals
Gold hardware
Scale length: 25.5"
Nut Width: 1 7/8"
Weight: 4.2 lbs

MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.

Last edited by Darvin Willhoite on 31 Oct 2019 8:18 am; edited 2 times in total

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 29 Sep 2019 7:03 pm    

Still available.
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2019 6:22 am    

Still available - price lowered.

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2019 8:19 am    

Still available, price lowered again.

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2019 8:19 pm    

No longer for sale at this time.

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 28 Nov 2019 10:39 am    

B0b, please close this one, I posted a new listing with an updated description.