The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  RARE '59 Gibson CG-523 T8 (A STEAL at $1975!!!)
Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2019 6:45 pm    

For those folks interested in rare Gibson consoles.... I've only seen one of these and it belongs to Forum member Mr. Jackson. This one belonged to a long-time forum member, for many years and is in fantastic shape for anyone looking to acquire a piece of Gibson steel guitar history.

All reasonable offers considered, and it ships FREE. w/ original case!

https://reverb.com/item/26641743-rare-1959-gibson-console-grande-cg-523-triple-neck-steel-1-of-37-natural-oak-with-ohsc-free-shipping
Remington Steelmaster S8 w/ custom Steeltronics pickup. Vox MV-50 amplifier + an 1940's Oahu cab w/ 8" American Vintage speaker. J. Mascis Fender Squire Jazzmaster, Hofner Club bass, Ibanez AVN4-VMS Artwood Vintage Series Concert Size Acoustic Guitar. 1920s/30s Supertone Hawaiian-themed parlor guitar. Silvertone parlor guitar.

Last edited by Mark Helm on 9 Sep 2019 5:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

Michael Butler

California, USA
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2019 6:50 pm    

you may want to move this to the classifieds.

play music!

http://muscmp.wordpress.com/

Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2019 6:51 pm     It's more informational...

But I did... great idea! I wasn't trying to sell it myself. A friend is selling it (and I get no kickbacks). Just a beautiful guitar I very rarely see.
Remington Steelmaster S8 w/ custom Steeltronics pickup. Vox MV-50 amplifier + an 1940's Oahu cab w/ 8" American Vintage speaker. J. Mascis Fender Squire Jazzmaster, Hofner Club bass, Ibanez AVN4-VMS Artwood Vintage Series Concert Size Acoustic Guitar. 1920s/30s Supertone Hawaiian-themed parlor guitar. Silvertone parlor guitar.

Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2019 5:00 pm     Price lowered to $1975!!!!!

Wow... that's a total steal

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2019 7:01 pm    

Forum rule:
Quote:
Use of the Classified Ads section to drive traffic to online auctions (e.g. EBay) is subject to a 2.5% finders fee if the auctioned item is bought by a Forum member.

Of course, this was written before Reverb existed, but I hope that you or your friend will abide by the spirit of it. I'd hate to see our Classified Ads become a bunch of links to Reverb and other sites.

Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2019 8:51 pm     Forum rule

b0b wrote:
Forum rule:
Quote:
Use of the Classified Ads section to drive traffic to online auctions (e.g. EBay) is subject to a 2.5% finders fee if the auctioned item is bought by a Forum member.

Of course, this was written before Reverb existed, but I hope that you or your friend will abide by the spirit of it. I'd hate to see our Classified Ads become a bunch of links to Reverb and other sites.

I agree, b0b! I have ZERO financial stake in this—just sharing news of a killer deal on an amazing guitar I know belonged to a long-time Forum member. I have seen several ads sharing about exceptional guitars on other sites. Now that I know, it won’t happen again. I’d never do anything to negatively impact this Forum and a community that means so much to me.