The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Little Walter 89 Amp
Vernon N. Holt

Battlefield, MO USA
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2019 1:35 pm    

What do members suggest as setting position for the Treble, Mid, Bass, and Presence controls on the LW 89 PF Signature Amp?

Mike Holder

Alabama! Home of the great “Don Helms” & his singer “Hank Williams”!
Post  Posted 25 Aug 2019 11:08 am    

Paul suggests turning everything up full then backing down what you don’t like until you like what you here. You can also check his website for a glimpse of his settings and start there.

Jeremy Moyers

Lubbock, TX
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2019 12:44 pm    

I run my bass really low, around 7:00, 7:30 (i.e. 1 or 2), Treble around 9:00/10:00, mid varies from venue to venue, but I typically run it around 9:00 or a touch lower, and the presence I run pretty high, around 1:30or 2:00. I also run through the bright channel.

These are basically the same settings that Paul uses, just tweaked to taste.

One thing that I ran into on my '89 is that the speaker cabinets make a HUGE difference. I was advised to order the larger single 12 cabinets when I ordered my '89. Phil told me that that is what most people preferred. Well, come to find out, most guitar players prefer the larger cabinets, but most steel players that I have spoken to prefer the smaller cabinets. This being so I ordered some small single 12 cabinets that Travis Toy recommended to me and I was blown away at the difference that the cabinets made! I almost sold my '89 because I just could not dial in a tone, but with the new smaller cabinets it is now my favorite amp.

Hope this helps.

JM