The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Buddy Emmons Fender PSG
C Dixon

Duluth, GA USA
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2019 7:49 am    

In all likelihood this post will be deleted or moved from the "Sale: Steel Guitars" and put in another category.

I put it here because I imagine that few players knew that BE played a Fender 1000 PSG when he hired on with Little Jimmy Dickens "eons" ago. And I felt the best place to put it is in the "sale" category.

I ran across a photo (of Buddy) while searching for something in my Documents on my PC. I had totally forgotten this photo; and I have NO idea where or when I got it. But it had to be a very long time ago. WOW! It takes me back to a tearful nostalgia. One could only guess what this PSG would sell for, on this forum now. Wow!

So I will pretend that this guitar was "on sale"; that many may want to see; and buy it IF it was for sale. Who knows where this guitar is now. Here's the photo:

A true story told by Buddy about this guitar:

One night when LJD was playing in Cincinnati (I believe it was) Buddy got so frustrated with this guitar; that when the show was over he pushed back in his chair and literally kicked this guitar right into the "Orchestra Pit". Along with some 'Expletives Deleted" no doubt! Mad

I heard about this shortly after; and years later I asked Buddy if it was true. He paused for a moment and said with his bashful, signature grin Very Happy, "Yep!"

And that is what most ever got from him Smile! Truly a man of "few words". Yet, THE greatest PSG player that will ever be. May Jesus rest his precious soul.

(If any one knows for sure what ever happened to this PSG, please tell us.)

Sonny Jenkins

Texas Masonic Retirement Center,,,Arlington Tx
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2019 8:33 am    

Couldn't help but notice,,,in all the old pics I've seen of Buddy playing,,he always has that "spread eagle" position,,,,just saying. Thanks for the photo Carl.

Lee Warren

Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2019 8:42 am    

That’s a fantastic picture ... thank you for posting it.
Buddy looks ecstatic, like he’s channeling his playing from another place.

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2019 10:35 am    

https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=267368&sid=cd4971e1c577ab2b55b43d10eb4df75c

A few different crops of the same photo. Jimmy Day is standing to the left!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger