The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Sad UPS story
Ben Lawson

Brooksville Florida
Post  Posted 29 Aug 2019 1:23 pm    

My wife made two pillows for her 95 year old aunt.
They were sent to her from Florida to N. Carolina on Aug. 12. They never arrived so she called UPS and they said the package was delivered on the 14 and left on the front porch. It was delivered today, in a crumbled box. UPS SUCKS!

David Ball

North Carolina High Country
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2019 11:18 am    

Well, for anyone who may be interested, the guitar was found, apparently in Kansas, shipped back to Reverb without damage and is now on its way to me again. Hopefully UPS will do a little better this time around!

Dave

Gene Tani

Pac NW
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2019 6:40 pm    

Well, that's sort of a happy ending, sort of. They get another chance to screw up.

I had a high value shipment a few months back sent thru FedEx Ground so I submitted a request to hold it at their facility for pickup but they ignored/forgot that and just left it on my porch. I've had a few players tell me that if i need to get my steel to Portland (Lynn Stafford) or North County Steels for repairs, to drive ti down, don't take chances

Also, from my observations and talking to the UPS and Fedex Ground drivers, packages are more likely to be damaged if they're over 60 pounds or so(27 kg). If a package isn't easily carriable, it'll be thrown, dropped off the back of truck, kicked across the floor vs being handed form one tired/overworked employee to another