The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  2000 Smoky Mountain Jamboree - Randy Beavers
Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2019 12:47 pm    

I alway called Randy "Baby Face" Beavers. And today, he still looks exactly the same, except for a little gray hair. hehe

Randy is one of the unsung hero's of pedal steel guitar. He created a style all his own.
He always told me, what do you need a Cth neck for? It's all right there on E9 except for that low A note.

Today he plays a one of a kind Zumsteel S10 with a basic setup, and boy does he play it.
Close your eyes and you will swear he is playing C6, but NO SIR he is not.

And he got this good while owning and operating a sheet rock business. It's just not fair.

Enjoy my pal,
Randy Beavers

And I WANT TO SEE YOUR COMMENTS BOTH HERE ON YOUTUBE, FACEBOOK AND THE STEEL GUITAR FORUM. I'm keeping tabs. haha

https://youtu.be/1_gEY6fdlLk
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2019 2:43 pm    

I met Randy at the Oklahoma Show and what a great guy. I saw him at St. Louis when he was in the "Cream Of The Crap" showcase. Randy is a killer player, great tone and plays both necks likes he invented them. BTY, he told me he still has the " Cream Of The Crap" Tee shirt he wore in St. Louis.

Gary Spaeth

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2019 5:03 am    

another good one. very tasteful choice of songs, you must have a million in the can. keep 'em coming. thanks a lot for all your work.