The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Dobro Brand 8 String Lap Steel for sale
Ken Franzetta

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2019 11:37 am    

DOBRO BRAND – 8 STRING LAP STEEL – Serial # 8 104 1E
Great Condition – Slotted Headstock - Pristine Clear Tone – Great Sustain – Fitted Case
I purchased this from a dealer a few years ago. I was told the pickup was factory installed.
I have only seen one other Dobro Brand Lap Steel similar to this one. It was a ten string and it had the same pickup.
Don’t have an exact date on when the steel was made, or when the pickup was replaced.
When purchased, it had a tone control on one side of strings, a volume control on the other.
This was replaced with a stacked tone/volume control. A plug covers the hole on bass string side. I also removed the bridge cover.
This Dobro Brand 8 String Lap Steel includes a fitted hard shell case, original potentiometers, and control knobs, and bridge cover and screws.
The Dobro Brand 8 String Lap Steel is presently in Orlando FL.
PLEASE MAKE AN OFFER !
Ken Franzetta 407 497-2443 email ken_franzetta@hotmail.com
All reasonable offers considered. Thanks, Ken

Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2019 5:57 pm     E-45-8

That's the Dobro E-45-8 (6 and 10-string versions were also produced). These guitars were produced from 1979-1986, and are basically a tribute to this 1930s Dobro Hawaiian Woodbody guitar:

Here's a 6-string version that was on Reverb a little while back:

Remington Steelmaster S8 w/ custom Steeltronics pickup. Vox MV-50 amplifier + an 1940's Oahu cab w/ 8" American Vintage speaker. J. Mascis Fender Squire Jazzmaster, Hofner Club bass, Ibanez AVN4-VMS Artwood Vintage Series Concert Size Acoustic Guitar. 1920s/30s Supertone Hawaiian-themed parlor guitar. Silvertone parlor guitar.