The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Okay I had the wrong show (St Louis)
George Frachiseur

Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2019 8:25 pm    

I spoke to a man at the Texas Steel guitar Jamboree that was telling me that they were going to have a show up in that area a few hours away maybe but I forgot where it was going to be smh. should have written it down but didn't. maybe he mentioned it to others that may remember where and when in october, I think around the 3-5th free Hot Dogs and Hamburgers we also mentiond. If anybody has any infortmation I would appreciate it. thanks.

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2019 12:28 pm    

Pat Heller hosts a show in October at Gene's country club at Indian Foot Lake in Pevely Mo. It's on the 1st Sunday October the 6th at 1pm. It goes until about 6pm with 5 or 6 steel guitar players as the headline. The backup band is there for supporting the steel guitar. Pevely is about an hour south of St. Louis. I attended 2 of these and it's a great show. Pat is a veteran steel guitarist and knows how to get it right. If you can make the drive it's a nice venue and real steel guitar show.

Douglas Cole

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 13 Aug 2019 11:25 am     KSGA Show Oct. 4th-6th near Joplin, MO

Perhaps you are thinking of the Kansas Steel Guitar Association Annual Show in Baxter Springs, KS on October 4th,5th, and 6th. It is about 15 miles from Joplin, MO. There is no admission and we feed everyone that comes through the door. We do accept donations for the show and food, but that is not required. We think everyone enjoys the show so much and that the quality of the food is such that you will want to donate. We are entering into our 17th year and have never failed to cover all our expenses because of the generosity of those that support it. This is a premier event and we will have 35+ different players, including 10+ Hall of Fame members who will play. For more information contact:
Lee Ogle - President 620-284-1420 or
Doug Cole - VP 417-499-3187

You can follow our activities here on the forum or visit our Facebook group page.

George Frachiseur

Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2019 6:16 pm    

Thanks Douglas. I believe that's the show I'm thinking of...George

Douglas Cole

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2019 8:17 am     KSGA 2019 Annual Show Oct 4-6

Here, George. This should have all the info you need.