Mesa, Arizona
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2019 9:18 am    

Read my previous post

Last edited by Fred Justice on 17 Aug 2019 10:14 am; edited 2 times in total

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2019 9:46 am    

What games.

I was just voicing what I think, just like everyone else.

I did away with the captions and wrote it out is words.

Not trying to offend ANYONE. If I did, I apologize.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2019 9:58 am    

Fred, I asked that question about 15 years ago, on this forum, and was "flamed" for even asking.

As I mentioned, when we held a HOF fundraising show in 2004 in Florida, I was given info (I no longer have) that showed it was registered in Missouri as a non-profit. I thought a non-profit's finances were open???

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2019 10:11 am    

I guess the answers all died with Scotty.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Bob Ricker

Nashville Tn
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2019 11:51 am    

Here are a couple ideas. If you can get the plaques. They take up a good amount of wall space.

There are a number of new very large hotels close to the convention center with connecting halls.

One thought is wall space at the convention center as public interest, add a few pedal steels used on songs.
The convention center is a huge place. This is the Music City Center I am refering to and not the Opryland Hotel.

A second idea is work a loan /display with one of the major bars/resturant waiting areas in one of the major hotels around the convention center. The bar could use it as an interest genterator and something for people to look at.

The third idea would be make a new plaque with hall of fame members on one larger plaque that the Musicians Hall of Fame or Country Music Hall of fame would accept.
Raise donations from interested players, companies, etc. for a new plaque.

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2019 12:02 pm    

I honestly think Micheal Scott has tried most everything.

There's not much interest to the general public here.

Jim R. Harrison

North Vancouver, B. C., Canada
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2019 1:52 pm    

It's my understanding that the SGHOF assessts belong to the Steel Guitar Hall of Fame, Inc. in St. Louis. Since most of us who attended the ISGC in St. Louis have seen all the plaques that have been awarded (perhaps omitting the recent two in 2016), it would make sense to me that those plaques remain in St. Louis in a Hall of Fame building there. When I attended the ISGC, I recall that there were approximately 2,000 + persons attending, with many more listening in on Steel Radio.com. (presently under new management). IF each of us were able to contribute even $100 - $200, this could raise a substantial amount of money toward the rent or purchase of such a site. I believe these donations are tax-deductable; not sure if I could use them as I pay taxes in Canada. In addtion, my Canadian dollar is only worth $0.75 in U.S. dollars.

Donations can be made to The Steel Guitar Hall of Fame, Inc., 9535 Midland Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63114-3314. Or you can use PayPal:- scotty@scottysmusic.com. I understand that a letter or email would be sent, advising that such a charitable donation had been made, useful as a tax deduction. Don’t we want to have a permenant SGHOF?
I will make a donation myself using PayPal in a few minutes.
Sincerely, Jim Harrison