The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Nashville 112
Ron Sodos

San Antonio, Texas USA
Post  Posted 16 Jul 2019 10:51 am    

Bought one and having a hard time dialing in tone. Herb Steiner suggested a Telonics speaker. They are $180 plus shipping. I might go go that way but was wondering what some of you guys have done.

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 16 Jul 2019 11:38 am     Nashville 112

I must say that I haven't had a customer that has had a hard time dialing in a tone. Did you try the settings at the end of the operating guide?

Call me toll free at 1-877-732-8391, ext.1180 if you have questions about any Peavey product and I will assist you with your questions. 8-am to 5pm Mon-Fri.

Corbin Pratt

Nashville
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2019 6:22 pm    

When I first got mine I had the same issue. Someone suggested to set the mid shift at 300 instead of 800 and that did the trick for me. Seemed to have more of the fender mids I was used to. Throw a black box in front of that thing and you’ll be in business. Just my two cents. All in all, great amps.

Show Pro SD-10, Shaw Amplifiers, Kemper

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2019 2:20 am    

My Nashville 112 settings:
Bass +9
Mid -3 and 800Hz
Treble and Presence 0

I had a Nashville 112, stock. One with the OPA2134 chip mod and one with a Telonics speaker. The $30 chip mod from Ken Fox is my first choice rather than the $180 speaker. However, the current NV112 I have that I bought used came with a Telonics speaker in it with the stock chips and its very good. I tried a Travis Toy 12 (broken in) in place of the Telonics and the Telonics is slightly better overall response.

Either the chip mod or a Telonics speaker, but not both, if the stock amp doesn't suit you.

Ron Sodos

San Antonio, Texas USA
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2019 4:54 pm     Settings

Well I found Ernie Renns post with Buddy's settings on the 112. Sounds perfect now.
No speaker change or mods needed.

Sounds great.
Put master gain all the way up. Pre gain is too loud past 1 1/2. I read some posts on here with guys putting master all the way and pre at 4. Holy cow that is so loud they'll hear me in Chicago. Lol