The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Trouble with peavey nashville 1000
Stone Preston

Lubbock, Texas
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2019 11:17 am    

I've had a nashville 1000 for about 2 years. Got the settings the way i wanted then never touched them and it worked great. However recently it has been having issues.

It will turn on, but no sound will come out. I have to turn the pre gain knob all the way up, and then sound comes out. I can turn the pregain knob back down to where i keep it and it keeps working until I turn it off. But this happens every time I turn it on now.

Any ideas what it could be? I move the amp to a different room a while back so something could have happened when I moved it I guess.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2019 12:22 pm    

Possibly bad pre gain pot. If it sets in the same spot all the time it can either get "dirty" or have a bad spot. Moving the pot can sometimes make it work.

However, the next time it happens instead of moving the pre gain pot, connect a guitar cord between the out and in on the Pre EQ patch and see if that fixes it. Dirty contact on a jack can also cause no sound and just moving it can make it work.

Have to find out for sure what the problem is. If its just a dirty pot, cleaning it with control cleaner many take care of it. If not it will have to be replaced. If its the contact in the jack (the extra "normal through" contact is in the "return" or "in" jack, sometimes just plugging in and out several times will fix it. Otherwise spraying with contact cleaner usually will take care of it.

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 8 Jul 2019 7:29 am     Nashville 1000

Jack has good suggestions, but if you wish to remove the chassis only, simply disconnect the speaker wires, remove the four screws on the top of the amp and ship the chassis to us for repair. Our address is;
Peavey Service Center
710 A Street
Meridian, MS 39301

I recommend that you include a copy of this note with your chassis.