The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Johnson Twin Reverb Cabinet, 2 baffles, D2F cover $200+
Dan Beller-McKenna

Durham, New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 15 Jul 2019 4:26 am    

Rick Johnson pine cabinet for a Fender Twin Reverb. Made for me @2012. All pine construction, so lightweight (@12-15 lbs). In excellent condition with very few scuffs (I didn't use it a whole lot). Includes handle and speaker mounting bolts, but no chassis straps (or tilt back legs). Older "floating" baffle style (baffle screwed into frame, not permanent as in later, silver face models). Full disclosure, for whatever reason, my 15" sepaker wasn't quite clearing the lower rib to which the baffle attaches, so I had to chisel away a little wood on the rib. Not seen here since the baffle is attached, but I don't want anyone to be surprised if they buy and need to remove the baffle.

Includes a 2x12 baffle (installed in pics) as well as a 1x15 baffle. Includes D2f padded cover--the only drawing I ever won. Also in very good shape, although there is one spot that is showing wear (see pics). These are, of course, no longer made, but a comparable Tuki cover goes for $79 new.

I ordered this cabinet from Rick in an attempt to put together the lightest possible twin reverb. With a Weber 15" speaker,my '71 twin chassis brought the whole combo to barely 60lbs. With 2x12 speakers the weight could vary significantly depending on the speakers. A back ache last week brought about an epiphany that I will never really use a Twin combo anymore (*sniff* *sniff*) and will instead make more use of my twin as I had for several years in a head and cab configuration. I already have a dedicated 15" speaker cab, so it's time to let this item go.

Whole shebang: $200 plus shipping.

Would be willing to sell the second baffle or cover separately; conversely, would be willing to take them out of the deal with the cabinet and reduce the price accordingly.

Eddie Thomas

Macon,Ga.,USA
Post  Posted 15 Jul 2019 4:45 am     Twin Cabinet

I will take it, you have a PM.

Dan Beller-McKenna

Durham, New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 15 Jul 2019 11:49 am     Sold

Sold. Donation forthcoming. Please close.