The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Tuba Skinny! Great Video
Douglas Schuch

Valencia, Philippines
Post  Posted 9 Jul 2019 3:45 pm    

The other day, when someone posted the new program that lets you imitate a pedal steel guitar with your synth keyboard, I pondered the gradual digitization of music performance (which is not the same as digital distribution). My thought was that, while the masses might go for the latest 90% digitally-created/modified/pitch-corrected pop tune, there will be a significant percentage of people who have the opposite reaction, and create/listen to/support traditional music made the old-fashioned way (and live, if possible).

So, today, I saw this band in my (digital) news feed on my (digital) FB page, and thought "Yes! That's what I'm talkin' about!"

https://youtu.be/_ZdMxFiUf9Q

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jul 2019 5:24 pm    

I watched a bunch of their videos from your link. The girl on Trumpet is a great bandleader!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Steve Atwood

Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jul 2019 6:10 pm    

They're a great band, you can see it's a labor of love what they're doing to bring back the old time music. I've been making a YouTube playlist of New Orleans jazz ever since someone posted on the forum a video by the Loose Marbles, with steel guitar (thanks to whoever that was). It's something I've been wanting to hear for a long time, and Tuba Skinny are right in the sweet spot.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWkUZaySK7EZA1eU6wmw-uJR3w6I_ToDv