The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Case for Fender Dual Professional 8 1954
Jesse Valdez

Fiddletown, California, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2019 12:11 pm    

Howdy forum! I just recently purchased a Dual Pro off of Craigslist and it didn’t come with a case or legs. However the pickups sound great and all the hardware is lubed and working! Does anyone know where to get a replacement case for one of these? Or possibly have one they’d like to sell or get rid off, I’d be interested in the wares. I included some pics, it’s a little beat but functionality is stout for a 60 year old guitar. Thanks!
Jesse

Tim Whitlock

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2019 6:11 am    

Beautiful guitar! A 49 key keyboard case will often be an affordable solution for double neck steel guitars. Take some measurements and then search online for "49 key keyboard case". Or take your steel to Musicians Friend and see if they have a keyboard case or bag that might fit.

Jesse Valdez

Fiddletown, California, USA
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2019 7:51 pm    

Thanks Tim! Thats the kind of answer I was looking for right there

Jeff Mead

London, England
Post  Posted 1 Jul 2019 2:44 am    

Mine still has it's original case but it's too fragile to take anywhere. I went the 49 key keyboard gig bag route, plus a couple of bits of foam.

Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2019 12:21 pm     Hatton

The Hatton custom cases are great. He makes retro tweed with red lining, which yours would have had.

I just picked up a 1950-3 (Not sure yet; I think it's probably a '50-'51 judging by the case, but I need to take the tuner pans off - see attached). Anyway, that case is real beat up. I might go that route.

http://www.hattoncases.net/fender.html

Remington Steelmaster S8 w/ custom Steeltronics pickup. Vox MV-50 amplifier + an 1940's Oahu cab w/ 8" American Vintage speaker. J. Mascis Fender Squire Jazzmaster, Hofner Club bass, Ibanez AVN4-VMS Artwood Vintage Series Concert Size Acoustic Guitar. 1920s/30s Supertone Hawaiian-themed parlor guitar. Silvertone parlor guitar.