The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Fender Muddy Waters Telecaster
Howard Steinberg

St. Petersburg, Florida , USA
Post  Posted 16 Jun 2019 4:40 pm    

Selling a Fender, Mexican, Muddy Waters Telecaster in excellent condition. There are a couple of dings (highlighted in pictures) but nothing terrible. Serial number dates it to 2002. I purchased it about 15 years ago from the original owner who bought it at Manny’s. This is one of the nicest teles that I’ve ever played. It is all original with the exception of 3 reversible changes which I’ll get to in a minute. It has a very light weight ash body and American Vintage pickups. Maple neck with rosewood board. Radius is 9.5”. There is no appreciable fret wear. The neck has some birsdeye maple figuring. Bridge saddles are brass. The guitar is very light and well balanced. Plays easily with low action and sounds excellent.

When I got the guitar I didn't care for the white pick guard and amplifier knobs. I added a black guard and metal knobs. I also changed the jack cup to one that is more stable. There were no extra holes drilled for the pick guard.
The original pick guard, knobs and jack cup are included. Guitar can be put back to original, should the purchaser choose. It comes with it’s original, well padded, fender gig bag. Also has hang tags and an unopened case candy package with polishing cloth and manual.

In trying to determine what to ask for this guitar I checked eBay and Reverb. There are none on Reverb. I found a couple on eBay with asking prices of over $1,000. Suffice it to say that this is not your Typical MIM tele. Price is $800., shipped in the lower 48.

Michael Sheehan

Everett, Washington, USA - Heading back to Florida 2021
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2019 3:20 pm    

My Tele has the exact same ding from replacing the jack cup! Almost identical! Good luck with the sale, nice looking guitar.