The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Eventide H9 pedalsteel presets ?
Bob Hoffnar

Austin, Tx
Post  Posted 27 Mar 2020 10:54 am    

I heard the there are downloadable presets for the steel available for the H9. I have the full on H9 but I'm not sure where the downloads are. I would like to check them out.

Thanks,

Mitchell Smithey

Dallas, USA
Post  Posted 27 Mar 2020 2:46 pm    

Bob, there is a preset sharing page on eventide’s Website. I think you have to log on to access it.

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 27 Mar 2020 5:50 pm    

I just got an H9 Max. So far the Hall Reverbs and Rotary are pretty good right out of the box. Gonna put it in my amp's effects loop and use the ios phone to control it. I bought mine used, deregistered and was able to re-register it under my name. A lot of the built in presets looks promising but need some tweaking. Gonna be off work for a few weeks so will be checking the net for good settings and can share what I find here.

So far two good sources for H9 presets. Note that the H9 can use the presets from any of the other 4 Eventide stomp boxes:

https://www.eventideaudio.com/presetsharing

https://www.eventideaudio.com/community/forum/stompboxes/h9-presets-share

I like that I can use my phone to change the rotary speed, switch, edit and save presets and Hot Buttons.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Bob Hoffnar

Austin, Tx
Post  Posted 27 Mar 2020 10:35 pm    

Thanks guys ! I think I have an Eventide account already. There is a graphic X/Y controller that I can use on my iPad that is wild but don't have enough hands to work it while I'm playing. It's an amazing box and the sound is stellar. I'll make time to dig in during this surprisingly mundane and tedious version of the apocalypse we are currently going through.

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2020 5:55 am    

The phone and IPAD both work but the phone is more convenient and you can place in near your steel or even over the guitar keys for easy access. Some apps like the Ottowah work better with the H9 fed directly by the guitar, before the volume pedal. Others like reverb work better after the volume pedal. Putting it in the amp's effects loop is a good trade off because it give some of the apps a better signal level for more consistent results.

The Hall Reverb I just increased the decay time out to 3.5 seconds and it came alive sounding much like a Hall Of Fame or RV-5 reverb but even smoother.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger