The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Richard Delucchi
Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2019 4:32 pm    

It is with a heavy heart that I post of Richards passing..
I met him several years ago on a trip to Napa.. we became instant friends..We share the same philosophy, of giving to others.. He was a good man..
I spent many weekends there with him and Becky.. His illness has been long and difficult..
Rest my friend..We will miss you here on earth..
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!

Kerry Johnson

the Bay Area, CA
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2019 6:16 pm    

Richard was a good friend and I will miss our weekly conversations about pedal steel and Life.
He is finally free of his pain.
Peace my Friend.

Last edited by Kerry Johnson on 12 May 2019 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Kerry Johnson

the Bay Area, CA
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2019 6:42 pm    

Steve, Richard, Mickey, Kerry, Bob.

Last edited by Kerry Johnson on 29 Jul 2019 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jim Palenscar

Oceanside, Calif, USA
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2019 6:02 am    

with a heart as big as Texas for sure~~~

Steve French

Roseville CA
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2019 7:29 am    

Terrible news! He was a pal who loved to talk steel. He suffered a lot these last few years. His pain, at least, is now ended.

Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2019 11:01 am    

I looked for this pic to post.. thx Kerry..
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!

Michael Annuzzi

Redwood City, California, USA
Post  Posted 24 Apr 2019 8:37 pm    

For those who didn't have the chance to meet Richard, he was one of the most hard-working, generous, caring, and genuine people I've been lucky to have known.

I first met Richard through our mutual friend Don who played drums on one of Richard's albums. I told Don that I wanted to learn pedal steel guitar and he called Richard to introduce us over the phone. I spoke with Richard on the phone as a complete stranger saying, “Hi, I want to learn pedal steel, but I don't know where to start.” Richard replied with something along the lines, “I'd love for you to come see my studio so you can check out what pedal steel has to offer. What are you doing right now?” Without hesitation, Richard invited me to his studio and I got there about 30 minutes after that phone call.

We instantly became great friends. I spent several hours with him in his studio in awe of his playing and music knowledge. We ended up having a lot in common, both from Italian families, both from the same neck of the woods, both interested in the same type of music and technology, common interest and outlook with so many things. What I thought would be a one time invite to a cool studio turned into weekly hang outs at times just talking about music and life, sharing stories, listening to albums, watching videos, having coffee or lunch, setting up new gear in his studio, or just enjoying the beautiful weather, the dogs, his backyard etc. He came to my house to help me set up gear in my studio, always brought gifts, and even cooked the best ravioli ever for my family when we were going through a rough time. Becky always let us boys get into a little bit of trouble. She is a saint and made him so happy.

Not only was Richard a terrific musician and music mentor to me, he became one of my best friends. I witnessed his generosity of sharing his passion of music not only with me, but with many people who are reading this thread. He introduced me to many of you, Mickey, Jim, Bob, Kerry, spoke often about Buck. Richard introduced me to The Steel Guitar Forum and we often shared links with each other from the forum.

It has been very hard not having my buddy around to call, hang out, and catch up. We wanted to do many more things together, including a trip to Nashville, recording some of his songs, and he wanted to record a song that I wrote in his studio with musician friends of ours. He was so talented and had so many cool tricks up his sleeve. He made a lot of really great friends through music and the respect and admiration was mutual among all of them. He made my life better and I wish I had more time with him. I know we will all miss him very much.

This picture is from October 2017. Richard brought a big group of friends to see and meet Joe Bonamassa in San Francisco.

Richard, Joe Bonamassa, Mike, and Me

John Wilson

Ventura, California, USA
Post  Posted 5 May 2019 8:02 am     A very sad loss for all here on the forum

I didn't know Richard directly, but I learned of his kindness and character from Mickey last year. This forum and the world have lost a great guy, and my prayers and condolences go out to Becky and the family.
From these wonderful pictures and comments, it seems like Richard led a full and wondrous life.

RIP good sir.

John

Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 5 May 2019 12:13 pm    

To the top for my friend Richard..

Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 20 May 2019 11:05 am    

<>

Godfrey Arthur

3rd Rock
Post  Posted 21 May 2019 10:20 pm    

Godspeed Richard.

Condolences to Richard's family.

Sorry for your loss Mickey.