The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Sold...please Close
Jim Dulfer

Southeastern USA
Post  Posted 17 May 2019 6:21 am    

I picked up this gorgeous looking vintage lap steel recently at an estate sale. I was floored because it looked brand new but there's no doubt that it's about 70-80 years old! I've been told that this lap steel could have been made by Regal or one of the other prominent lap steel makers during the 1940's? If you're looking at this, you probably know.

The body is covered in very attractive pearl-like celluloid which is 100% intact. The fret board looks like rosewood? The electronics work...the pick-up, which looks original, has two blades (early humbucker...years before Gibson??). Volume & tone knobs operate smoothly. The tuners are functional and protected by an attractive chrome cover.

One of the nicest things is the original hard shell case which is not only solid but has a very cool zippered felt cover inside the case to protect the guitar! Frankly, I've never seen this before on a lap steel guitar case.

If your tastes gravitate to really clean and attractive vintage lap steels, this one will float your boat!

Price is $425 + shipping.

Last edited by Jim Dulfer on 5 Jul 2019 9:53 am; edited 2 times in total

Bill Sinclair

Waynesboro, PA, USA
Post  Posted 17 May 2019 11:03 am    

Jim,
I had an identical one that was labeled Regal. Your's has a much cooler case though. Is that a manufacturer's label for the case near the headstock? The pickup is actually a single coil. The coil is wound around the steel bar that is closest to the neck and there are two magnets clamped between that bar and the bar closest to the bridge. I'd attach a picture but I don't want to clutter your ad. Pretty guitar and case - good luck!

Jim Dulfer

Southeastern USA
Post  Posted 18 May 2019 7:54 am    

Bill Sinclair wrote:
Jim,
I had an identical one that was labeled Regal. Your's has a much cooler case though. Is that a manufacturer's label for the case near the headstock? The pickup is actually a single coil. The coil is wound around the steel bar that is closest to the neck and there are two magnets clamped between that bar and the bar closest to the bridge. I'd attach a picture but I don't want to clutter your ad. Pretty guitar and case - good luck!

Thanks Bill for chiming in with that good information about the pickup. Frankly I had not noticed or looked at that label inside the case but it's a Lifton label.

Jim Dulfer

Southeastern USA
Post  Posted 24 May 2019 10:50 am    

Jim Dulfer

Southeastern USA
Post  Posted 4 Jun 2019 4:27 pm    

TTT with price drop to $450. If pristine cosmetic condition in a 70-80 year old lap steel floats your boat, it's hard to imagine finding many like this one?

Jim Dulfer

Southeastern USA
Post  Posted 17 Jun 2019 4:04 pm    

One more price drop to $425...$450 with shipping in cont. USA.

Carol Carrico

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2019 11:11 am    

Hello Jim, this is a beautiful instrument you have here! If it's still for sale I would be very interested in purchasing it. I live in Southern Indiana (near Louisville, KY), would you happen to know what the shipping costs would be to get it here? Thanks so much!

Jim Dulfer

Southeastern USA
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2019 3:53 pm    

Carol Carrico wrote:
Hello Jim, this is a beautiful instrument you have here! If it's still for sale I would be very interested in purchasing it. I live in Southern Indiana (near Louisville, KY), would you happen to know what the shipping costs would be to get it here? Thanks so much!

Email & PM sent. Let me know if not received.