The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Seems to be quite a few non-pedal steels FS on forum
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2020 9:46 pm    

Just an observation, but there seems to be more than the usual great quality lap or non-pedal steels for sale on the forum these days...maybe I am just not that observant but I dont recall seeing this many at any one given time. Wish I had some spare cash laying around, there are several I would buy...like the Excel frypan , the Remington D8, some Fenders, etc. I hope they all go to happy owners who will enjoy them and play them a lot !
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Tim Whitlock

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2020 10:08 am    

You're right! As I look at them on my computer my little music room soon fills with the smell of burning wood as the brain starts scheming on how to get more. I have to remind myself that I have enough beautiful steel guitars to keep me happy and busy for the rest of my life.

That looks like a nice Stringmaster in your avatar. Is it a T8? What year?

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2020 3:06 pm    

Thanks it is a 1957 T8...right now it is in Tucson and I will pick it up in April...a buddy of mine has it and he and i have swapped it back and forth a few times, but he isnt playing it any more so I am going to get it back. It just has a special tone to me that I havent found in another steel. Here is a better picture of it:

Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Dan Kelly

Boston, MA
Post  Posted 24 Jan 2020 4:40 pm    

Yeah Larry, I noticed the same thing... but for PSG's as well. I was going to e-mail b0b. Maybe the influx of instruments for sale is a yearly thing... maybe due to New Years resolutions to get rid of extra stuff. Or, maybe this increase is an anomaly.

Daniel McKee

Corinth Mississippi
Post  Posted 24 Jan 2020 6:18 pm    

I've bought a couple of good non pedals lately at a good price. Not sure why so many are coming up for sale. Its easy to end up with a house full and just need the space back. Im guilty of that.

Tim Whitlock

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2020 9:17 am    

I just picked up this 50s Rickenbacker 208 after selling a Rick DW16. Just doing my part.

HowardR

N.Y.C.-Fire Island-Asheville
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2020 10:44 am    

And there will be a lot more next month as I begin to sell of my collection.....