The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Peavey Service Has Done It Again///
Roger Dillingham

Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 9 May 2019 6:17 pm    

I want to take a moment to publicly say a great big "THANK YOU" to Mr. Mike Brown and the gang at Peavey Electronics service department! After receiving my recently sent Session 400 back from their service center in Meridian I am in awe as to their workmanship, attention to detail and thoroughness of repairs. I sent the amp in for a tune-up and to address a hum issue that seemed to have developed over the years. Once back, I can honestly say the amp is now like a different unit; very, very quiet with beautiful tone and balls galore! This thing also sings with the highs without being too shrill or cutting. I may add a new Session 115 to my retirement list in the future, but right now I am totally content with my "Like New" Session 400 which has been brought back to life by Peavey Service and their magic!! Again Mr. Mike Brown and Peavey staff, "Thank You" so much for your continued diligence and devotion to us Steel Guitar enthusiasts! Roger Very Happy Very Happy

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 9 May 2019 7:49 pm    

Peavey service is the best in the business. I sent them an old Tubefex several years ago that had some bad battery leakage damage on the circuit board, and they were able to fix it by adding jumpers where the damage was. Most techs would have probably ran backwards from that one. I think Gene, the service tech, took it as a challenge.
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.

Clyde Mattocks

Kinston, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 13 May 2019 4:31 pm    

Probably the same Gene that called me one Saturday morning and said "I went in and fixed your amp this morning" A powerful asset to the steel community. Can't say enough good things about them.

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 14 May 2019 5:45 am     Gene Ford-technician

Just to bring you guys up to date, Gene Ford worked at Peavey for many years. Unfortunately, Gene passed on January 31, 2015. He was a good person and a great technician. RIP Gene Ford.

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 14 May 2019 6:00 am    

How sad, there aren't very many true technicians left. RIP
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.

Clyde Mattocks

Kinston, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 14 May 2019 6:45 am    

Saddened to hear that. I felt like I knew him thru our conversations. He seemed to take pride in hs work. He once told me, "I know what you steel players want".

Lyle Dent

Little Rock ,Arkansas
Post  Posted 14 May 2019 11:51 am     Peavey Service

I have several flavors of Fex Processors and all would be long gone without Mike and
the techs at Peavey. Talk about service after the sale look no further! Like steels it would be interesting to see who has owned them over the years.

Lyle Dent

Little Rock ,Arkansas
Post  Posted 14 May 2019 12:08 pm     Peavey Service

I have several flavors of Fex Processors and all would be long gone without Mike and
the techs at Peavey. Talk about service after the sale look no further! Like steels it would be interesting to see who has owned them over the years.

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 16 May 2019 10:54 am     Thanks All

If it weren't for our service department, we would be in a "fix"(no pun intended).

Wayne Quinn

Cape Breton.NovaScotia
Post  Posted 19 May 2019 1:13 pm     wish

Wish I had service like that here where I am at , right now I need ac chips for my 112 Nashville .and I am not having much luck finding any. Sad

Wayne Quinn

Cape Breton.NovaScotia
Post  Posted 19 May 2019 1:14 pm     wish

Wish I had service like that here where I am at , right now I need ac chips for my 112 Nashville .and I am not having much luck finding any. Sad

Larry Jamieson

Walton, NY USA
Post  Posted 19 May 2019 4:55 pm    

Wayne, send a private message to Mike Brown. Maybe you can order the chips from Peavey and have them shipped to you.

Roger Dillingham

Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 26 May 2019 3:48 am     Peavey Service

BTW, I couldn't help but post this wise and appropriate comment on Peavey by Mr. Tom Gorr from Alberta:

"You don't appreciate what a great job peavey does until you spend a decade and untold thousands buying and trying all kinds of other stuff."

Thanks, Tom; I couldn't have said it any better!!
Roger Smile