The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Session 500 N400 tandem
Patrick Huey

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 9 May 2019 4:41 am    

I have a Session 500 and a Nashville 400 with a Profex II and Fuhrman power conditioner in the rack, and use a Goodrich L120 volume pedal. How would I best hook the herd together so as to use both amps in stereo? Thanks folks!
Pre RP Mullen D10 8/7, Zum 3/4, Carter S-10 3/4, previous Cougar SD-10 3/4 & GFI S-10 3/4, Fender Steel King, 2 Peavey Session 500's, Peavey Nashville 400, Boss DD-3, Profex-II, Hilton Digital Sustain, '88 Les Paul Custom,Epiphone MBIBG J-45, Fender Strat & Tele's, Takamine acoustics, Marshall amps, Boss effects, Ibanez Tube Screamer, and it all started with an old cranky worn out Kay acoustic you could slide a Mack truck between the strings and fretboard on!!

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 9 May 2019 5:55 am    

I would go from guitar to volume pedal, to Profex, and the left and right outputs to the 2 amps.

Dennis Detweiler

Solon, Iowa, US
Post  Posted 9 May 2019 6:25 am    

Yikes! Hefty herd! Makes my joints crack just thinking about it. Best to have one on each side of the stage to keep the stage from flipping over. Laughing
As Richard said. Plus, might have to add a two prong adapter to one amp to lift ground if you get hum from the ground loop between amps.
1976 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics 427 pickup, 1975 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics X-12 pickup, Boss 59 Fender pedal for preamp, NDR-5 Atlantic Delay & Reverb, two Quilter 201 amps, 2- 12" Eminence EPS-12C speakers, ShoBud Pedal, 1949 Epiphone D-8. Revelation preamp into a Crown XLS 1002 power amp.

Patrick Huey

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 9 May 2019 8:03 am    

Dennis Detweiler wrote:
Yikes! Hefty herd! Makes my joints crack just thinking about it. Best to have one on each side of the stage to keep the stage from flipping over. Laughing
As Richard said. Plus, might have to add a two prong adapter to one amp to lift ground if you get hum from the ground loop between amps.

Where do I plug into the amps?
Pre RP Mullen D10 8/7, Zum 3/4, Carter S-10 3/4, previous Cougar SD-10 3/4 & GFI S-10 3/4, Fender Steel King, 2 Peavey Session 500's, Peavey Nashville 400, Boss DD-3, Profex-II, Hilton Digital Sustain, '88 Les Paul Custom,Epiphone MBIBG J-45, Fender Strat & Tele's, Takamine acoustics, Marshall amps, Boss effects, Ibanez Tube Screamer, and it all started with an old cranky worn out Kay acoustic you could slide a Mack truck between the strings and fretboard on!!

Dennis Detweiler

Solon, Iowa, US
Post  Posted 9 May 2019 8:08 am    

Into the front inputs. There's two on each amp. I'd use the left #1 input on each.
1976 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics 427 pickup, 1975 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics X-12 pickup, Boss 59 Fender pedal for preamp, NDR-5 Atlantic Delay & Reverb, two Quilter 201 amps, 2- 12" Eminence EPS-12C speakers, ShoBud Pedal, 1949 Epiphone D-8. Revelation preamp into a Crown XLS 1002 power amp.

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 9 May 2019 1:52 pm     Peavey

Thanks for the help in replying guys.

Patrick Huey

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 9 May 2019 3:51 pm     Re: Peavey

Mike Brown wrote:
Thanks for the help in replying guys.

Mike yes thanks everyone! And Mike, its best to run directly into the amps and no need to plug into the effects loop, sir?
Thanks again!

Patrick Huey

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 9 May 2019 3:53 pm    

Dennis Detweiler wrote:

Dennis, I’ve got wheels on everything and a collapsible dolly lol thankfully I don’t move them out of the house much 😁