| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Martin Steitle
Tommy Detamore

Floresville, Texas
Post  Posted 3 May 2019 5:37 am    

Martin Steitle, long-time drummer for Johnny Bush, has passed away. Martin was a solid rock of a drummer, and a good guy who would do anything for you. Please keep his family in your prayers.

www.cherryridgestudio.com
www.steelguitartracksonline.com
Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 3 May 2019 8:10 am    

I just heard from Scott Moon this morning about Martin's passing. Solid drummer that I played with for years, and was always a very happy-go-lucky guy. His last years were unhappy ones, I hope he's in a better place.
My rig: Infinity and Telonics.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?
Larry King

Watts, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 3 May 2019 10:48 am    

This one hurts....I hired Martin in July 1983 right off the Johnny Buch stage in Humble {Cat Ballews} and took him to Cozumel to finish out the season , then back to Cozumel for the 83-84 tourist season , Dec 15 to Sep 15 and then he went with me to Singapore for a 6 month gig , where they made him cut his hair . No hippie image allowed in their country .

Martin was the best guy all around , the easiest to get along with , never a minutes trouble out of him , and believe me , he enjoyed the Beach Bunnies , since he was buff and had the long hair.....the locals called him Tarsan , their pronunciation of Tarzan .

Last time I saw him was Dec 8 , 2001 at Denny's in SA and he told us about Quihi and Billy Mata...I'm shocked and devastated at the loss of a great guy .

What was his cause of death and why were the last years unhappy ? So sad to read this .
Larry King

Watts, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 3 May 2019 10:49 am    

This one hurts....I hired Martin in July 1983 right off the Johnny Buch stage in Humble {Cat Ballews} and took him to Cozumel to finish out the season , then back to Cozumel for the 83-84 tourist season , Dec 15 to Sep 15 and then he went with me to Singapore for a 6 month gig , where they made him cut his hair . No hippie image allowed in their country .

Martin was the best guy all around , the easiest to get along with , never a minutes trouble out of him , and believe me , he enjoyed the Beach Bunnies , since he was buff and had the long hair.....the locals called him Tarsan , their pronunciation of Tarzan .

Last time I saw him was Dec 8 , 2001 at Denny's in SA and he told us about Quihi and Billy Mata...I'm shocked and devastated at the loss of a great guy .

What was his cause of death and why were the last years unhappy ? So sad to read this .