The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Shure Se215 Ear Phones
Rene Brosseau

Chatham,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 14 May 2019 8:54 am    

Is anyone using these SE215 ear buds for their in ear systems & are you satisfied with the sound? low end? etc? I've heard the SE425 were the best, but I only need occasionally with certain bands
Franklin #130, Melobar Skreemer, Wechter Scheerhorn Resonator, Nashville 112, Boss DD 3 &/or Profex II

Ken Morgan

Midland, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 14 May 2019 9:07 am    

I’ve got em, use them. They are a tad better than OK, but nowhere near the quality of big buck units

Ken Morgan
Midland, TX

Bill Terry

Bastrop, TX
Post  Posted 14 May 2019 9:26 am    

Ditto what Ken said. I like 'em ok, I bought them because some bands I work with don't have any stage monitors, and in those cases I need something.

I've found that when I have a good mix, and somebody running the mix knows how to do it (I usually don't have any way to mix on the fly) they sound a lot better.. LOL..

Tony Glassman

The Great Northwest
Post  Posted 14 May 2019 10:07 am    

I use the SE 535’s and they sound very good.

I run out of either the “headphone-out” or “direct-out” of my Telonics TCA 500 into a $90 mini-mixer (sitting on the floor next to my steel) which drives the 535 in-ear monitors. This lets me tweak the volume and EQ in my ear monitors independent of the stage volume/tone coming from amp & speaker combo . No more fighting to hear myself and I’m very happy with the tone on stage.

If there is no sound guy, I can place the IEMs either more tightly or loosely in my ear canals to determine how much of the other instruments I hear.

BTW, the 535s are a vast tonal improvement over the 215s.