The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Behringer NX1000 Power Amp
Dennis Detweiler

Solon, Iowa, US
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2019 4:14 pm    

Is anyone using one of these class D power amps to power their preamp? Looking for a review. The description sounds like it would be a good prospect.
1976 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics 427 pickup, 1975 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics X-12 pickup, Boss 59 Fender pedal for preamp, NDR-5 Atlantic Delay & Reverb, two Quilter 201 amps, 2- 12" Eminence EPS-12C speakers, ShoBud Pedal, 1949 Epiphone D-8. Revelation preamp into a Crown XLS 1002 power amp.

George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2019 7:38 pm     Behringer nxý 1000 power amp

This looks like a great light weight power amp. It would be great for my Evans stereo pre-amp.

You might want to consider a Walker Stereo Steel combo as a power amp. This is what I am using now. It has left and right RCA input jacks for a CD player. They work perfect as inputs for a pre-amp. There are volume controls on the front for each channel and a master for both channels. It takes up two rack spaces and has two 35O watt separate power amps. This way, instead of having a power amp that does nothing except drive your pre-amp, you have a complete Stereo Steel amp. I can switch from my Evans to the Stereo Steel by just moving my guitar cord from the input of the Evans to the input of the Stereo Steel. Both are great sounding amps and it is a sweet set-up

Dennis Detweiler

Solon, Iowa, US
Post  Posted 30 Apr 2019 5:24 am    

I'm using a Rev preamp and happy with it. I'm trying to lighten my rack. Currently using a Carvin HT400 power amp. I'm also looking at the Peavey IPR2 2000 rack mount power amp weighing about 7 pounds. Anybody using one of these?
1976 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics 427 pickup, 1975 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics X-12 pickup, Boss 59 Fender pedal for preamp, NDR-5 Atlantic Delay & Reverb, two Quilter 201 amps, 2- 12" Eminence EPS-12C speakers, ShoBud Pedal, 1949 Epiphone D-8. Revelation preamp into a Crown XLS 1002 power amp.

Arvis Moore

Brandon, Ms.
Post  Posted 4 May 2019 2:48 pm    

I have the Behringer amp with a evans pre amp and a lexicon processor. I've been using it about two years without any problems. It sounds good with my Emmons.

Dennis Detweiler

Solon, Iowa, US
Post  Posted 6 May 2019 6:41 am    

I went with a Crown XLS1002