The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Siloam Springs Arkansas
Larry King

Watts, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2019 2:34 pm    

Wow….what a great time I had at Siloam Springs Sat and Sun

Everyone played so well and the back up band {Larry Jackson, and Mike McGee AND , saving the best for the last , there was the Energizer Bunny himself , the honorable Maestro himself , Mr Roy Rosetta}….these boys knocked it out of the park .

It was SO good to see everyone and had a chance to see a couple of guys who've been missing lately , namely Dewain May and Richard Mc Donald .

I want emphasize that EVERY player did a fine job and to Nora Jean and Larry Garret , thanks for the hard work . I also want to apologize {not really} to Tony Tipton for providing the Texas ball cap that Roy forced him to wear...check it out cousin Paul .

Larry King

Watts, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2019 2:36 pm    

Sorry Norma.....guess I should proof read my stuff

Eddie Lane

Branson, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2019 4:49 pm    

A big thank you to Norma, Larry and all others who worked so hard to put the fine show on at Siloam Springs. And thanks for having me play the show again this year. I had a ball! Great music, great crowd and a great band! It makes it so easy to play when you have good musicians backing you. God Bless!

Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2019 5:46 pm    

I am proud of you Larry King and Roy Rosetta. Tony Tipton played better in that Texas hat than his OU hat he normally wears. Tony is good natured and a good player as well. Last year at the Oklahoma Show I took the OU hat off his head and put a Texas hat on him. Looks like according to Tony I started something but he enjoyed it. Looks like the show was a total success. Wish I could have been there.

Tony Tipton

Wagoner,Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2019 6:16 pm    

Like everyone else who played in or attended the show, I also had a great time . Thanks to Norma, Larry, Donley, Charlie, food preparers, and all the ladies that worked in the kitchen .Roy, Larry, and Paul, hopefully we’ll get some security officers at the steel shows to keep control of you guys with the Texas hats . 😁👮‍♂️

Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2019 2:24 am    

We are the security guys Tony. Good thing you are a good natured man who loves steel guitar. Where else could you go and have that much fun?

C.D. Richards

Owasso,OK
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2019 4:04 am     show

Just want to add my thanks to Norma Jean, Larry, Donley and everyone that worked so hard to put together this great show. The food was excellent and the ladies worked tirelessly in the kitchen. The band was made of the best musicians that you could find anywhere Mike McGee(guitar), Larry Jackson (Drums), Larry King (Bass) and Roy Rosetta on Keyboard. I want to say a special thank you to Doug Cole for singing on my set. Sorry I wasn't able to stay for the Sunday show due to a family situation.

Norma Jean Lucas

siloam springs ar
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2019 6:33 am    

I want to add a big Thanks to all the players. We couldn't have a show without you. Barbara Rosetta, Mary McGee, Marion Crow and Rosemary and Charlie, thank you doesn't seem enough for all the hard work you did in the kitchen. I hope you know how much you all were greatly appreciated.Also thanks to Tony Tipton, Bill Edwards,Larry Jackson in helping with the clean up. Of course the band was top notch. Larry,I know how our fingers don't keep up with our minds!

Laughing Last but not least , Thanks to Larry Garrett, Donley Harrington for all your hard work and time in helping
with the club. We're a great team who works together in getting things done !! Very Happy Gene and Gayla Earlene Crain did a beautiful church service Sunday morning. I think everyone was blessed with God's Holy Power. They did a good job also Saturday night too!!

RMckee

Broken Arrow, OK
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2019 9:06 am    

I thoroughly enjoyed the portion I was able to attend. It was so nice to see friends I haven't seen in several years. The music was really great. Really fine picking by all.

Richard McDonald

USA.
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2019 4:16 pm    

Just like to say,
Norma Jean thank you for the opportunity to
play the show.
Had a great time. Lots of good food , fellowship, music.
And the church service! was a blessing.
Met a lot of new friends.
Larry King, good to see again. been to long.
Larry Garrett awesome MC dude.
All the stage hand’s thank you.
All the players were great. And what a top shelf
Power house band.
Thank you ladies in the kitchen for your
loving kindness & mom like hospitality.
Hope to see y’all next year.
Once again, Thank you.

Larry Garrett

Siloam Springs, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 30 Apr 2019 4:21 am    

I want to add a huge thank you all the musicians, workers, folks who provided food and drinks, and all who helped in any way, including our great audience, so very much for making our show such a great, enjoyable weekend of family-like fun! Also, thank you to Siloam Springs Schools for the use of your great facility. I know I would miss someone if I try to name all those who deserve a standing ovation for your hard work, so just let me say I/we sincerely appreciate and love you! GOD bless you all!

Marty Neer

Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 30 Apr 2019 4:20 pm    

Thanks to Norma and Larry for the invite. Had a good time and always see some friendly faces. Thanks to the guys in the band and my buddy Doug Cole for the vocals.

Marty

Terry Wood

Marshfield, MO
Post  Posted 30 Apr 2019 10:42 pm    

Zane and I had a wonderful time at the Siloam Springs Arkansas Steel Guitar Show! Thank You Friends for having us. Just a Great bunch of people! Everything was so good and fun. Thank Y'all again!