The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Health Break
Bobby D. Jones

West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 7 Apr 2019 8:58 pm    

I made it back on stage Friday night and Saturday night felt great to be back. I had a heart attack Feb. 14, 5 bye passes the 18th at WVU Ruby Hospital.

Thanks to neighbor Tyler for helping load my Guitar and Seat. Thanks neighbor Rick for helping me get it back in my living room, And to all that helped me with my equipment at Mountain Heights and Sagebrush roundup Friday and Saturday night. I am still limited to 30 lb. lifts.

Thank You to everyone for your prayers for my recovery.

It was great to be back Steelin with the house band Friday night. And great back Steelin with Touch of Country, The closing act at Sagebrush Roundup Saturday night.

Touch of country was videoed for part of their show and is on Face Book, Sagebrush Roundup Site.

Looking forward to playing with my Great Grand Daughter Joell and Steelin again.

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2019 5:52 pm    

Good for you Bobby. I wish you continued success.

David Mason

Cambridge, MD, USA
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2019 11:21 pm    

I have disc problems out the wazoo. The doctor tells me no more than 20 lbs! Ummm, sure right. Just a bit after the disc revolution fought inside my spine, I bought an utra-simple dolly. The Hannibal Lector model. No extra rolly wheels on the back, no adjustable stuff, $30, rated to 600 lbs. It is a real backsaver, I use it for some kinda wimpy but awkward struff, like the jumbo cat carrier for my jumbo cat. I could carry the carrier, but why gamble? Get some bungee cords. You have to remember to USE the thing for everything, leave it OUT, right by the door. It's definitely kicked me up a few notches on the quality of life index. I also have a high-end grocery cart, the $40 one not the WalMart $20 flexy one.

Bobby D. Jones

West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2019 10:29 pm     Health Break

Went to the doctor. They released me. Told me to go up from 10 lb. adding 10 lb. a month to train with. Time to get a 5 gallon bucket with lid and bathroom scales out and start adding water by weight and start lifting and carrying it, To get back in shape.

Ian Rae

Redditch, England
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2019 11:46 pm    

Bobby, my father had 5 bypasses and lived to be 93. There are some great plumbers out there.

Joachim Kettner

Germany
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2019 1:35 am    

I'm wishing you all the best sir!

Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2019 3:25 am    

That is great news Bobby. Just follow the doctors orders and you will be toting your steel in no time at all.

Bobby D. Jones

West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 3 May 2019 9:47 pm     Health Brake

I got my lift to 50 lbs. now. I loaded my equipment this afternoon and went to my house band gig. Ended up playing whole show. Had some help reloading. Came home and brought it all back in the trailer myself.
No problem handling the equipment.
Feel good with no problems or pain.
Guess I am healed up and ready to go back gigging my steel.