The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Franklin SD10 3&5 $4800 SOLD!
Brian McGaughey

Orcas Island, WA USA
Post  Posted 6 Dec 2020 2:51 pm    

1989 serial #128 Franklin SD10 pedal steel guitar. I'm just not playing this enough and want to pass it on. Plays great, could probably use a disassemble/clean/lube/reassemble but I've never gotten around to it and it doesn't impact it's mechanics that I can tell.

This guitar had a George L pickup in it when I purchased it and I didn't care for it. I installed a single coil True Tone. I understand the Bill Lawerence pick ups that Paul used were not available during the time that this guitar was built.

It had the double jacks/double switches when I bought it. I've replaced the jacks and switches just recently. I used to leave a tuner plugged in full time and just switch to tune quietly.

The logo decal on the front apron is a little messed up. I've got 4 new decals included so you'll have several chances to replace it. The fretboard marker is fairly new, not a mark on it. I'm including another new unused fretboard marker. Also included is a custom aluminum neck that will allow for a 2nd "neck" pickup. The 2 pickup neck will need to be cut to length at the tuner end and bored to allow for fastening to the top.

I set this guitar up 1" from stock, it can be returned to stock height very easy.

There are scratches on the end plates, Formica is good, there are several burn marks on the pad. This guitar is in good to very good condition but is not mint. Case is in good condition.

I plan on shipping 2 boxes, 1 with the guitar only in the case and the other with the legs, pedal rods, spare neck, etc. I will bubble wrap the exterior of the case and wrap with cardboard. Shipping and insurance are to be paid for by the purchaser. I will use the purchasers choice of a shipping carrier.

If any of you Portland boys want this I'll meet you halfway on I-5. Or anyone else in the Seattle area, I'm willing to drive a couple hours to make the sale for an true interested buyer. A local sale would be great.

Price is $4800 plus shipping and insurance to the continental US. I prefer PayPal but we can work out payment. I am not offering a return option. I want to deal with this once only. I am doing all possible with photos and information to let a buyer know what this guitar is and what it isn't. It's just a guitar, but it is a Franklin and I regret seeing it go. Hoping to see it go to a good home.

Last edited by Brian McGaughey on 7 Dec 2020 2:09 pm; edited 4 times in total

forrest klott

Grand Rapids Mi USA
Post  Posted 6 Dec 2020 2:59 pm    

Pm sent sixty seconds ago with phone number.

Brian McGaughey

Orcas Island, WA USA
Post  Posted 6 Dec 2020 3:03 pm    

Yes Forrest. I was actually still editing the ad! I'll pm you.

Brian McGaughey

Orcas Island, WA USA
Post  Posted 6 Dec 2020 3:04 pm    

Actually let's use email...

forrest klott

Grand Rapids Mi USA
Post  Posted 6 Dec 2020 3:06 pm    

Roger that

Brian McGaughey

Orcas Island, WA USA
Post  Posted 6 Dec 2020 4:10 pm    

Deal pending, will advise and mark as sold when completed...

Jeremy Moyers

Lubbock, TX
Post  Posted 7 Dec 2020 1:57 pm    

Let me know if the deal falls through. I would be in on this guitar....

Brian McGaughey

Orcas Island, WA USA
Post  Posted 7 Dec 2020 2:08 pm    

Thank you back up buyers...SOLD!