The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  FOR SALE: Little Walter Tube Amp
Vernon N. Holt

Battlefield, MO USA
Post  Posted 8 Apr 2019 5:53 pm    

FOR SALE: Little Walter Tube Amp, “Paul Franklin” 89’ 100-Watt Chassis (SN. #LW15089-067) in a Brown Western Joined Head Cabinet with Cream Front Panel and Red Knobs. A “Paul Franklin” 8-ohm PF-350 Speaker is housed in a Brown Western Joined Cabinet with cane grille. This amp was built for me in May-June, 2018. It has never been outside of my home and only used three or four times the past year. There are no dings, scratches, or blemishes on these cabinets. It will be shipped in the original packing.
Why am I selling this “jewel?” Well, I made a mistake! I’m strictly a “novice” picker, mostly in my “bedroom,” or occasionally in a local “jam” session, and the power of this beauty is just too much for what I do! Really, I’ve got the volume set at 1/16” above off, and it is still too loud for my tiny bedroom—I’m afraid if I turn it up I’ll either burst an ear-drum, or shatter my windows. So, gotta sell it and get something less powerful.

Price: $3,000.00 cash or bank-draft, free shipping lower 48 states or pick-it up at my home.

Scott McRee

Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 8 Apr 2019 7:09 pm     Beautiful

Simply the best amp in the World. Somebody will be so lucky to have this set up

Mike Holder

Alabama! Home of the great “Don Helms” & his singer “Hank Williams”!
Post  Posted 12 Apr 2019 3:13 pm    

Love the red knobs and tooled leather! Total package!!

David Mason

Cambridge, MD, USA
Post  Posted 12 Apr 2019 11:23 pm    

You know, unless you're like dying for the money, there are a number of ways you can set up a"pre-amp"-->Walter rig, keep the thing for growing into. Stuff like that, if you do end up continuing... anybody over 50 or so can fill a PAGE with the ones that got away. I'm fond of the Digitech "RP-X-50" and "RP-X-55" modelers, especially the delays and reverb, it's all lifted off of Lexicons. Very versatile two-stages of EQ too. The numbers matter:
RP150, RP250, RP350, RP500
Digitech 2101 rack unit; and newer:
RP155, RP255 RP355
They've all got the same basic architecture, which works in my brain. AVOID the earlier RP100, RP200 etc., gotta get the "50" or "55" in there. But POD's do the same thing, BOSS has made a whole bunch of decent multi-function modelers. The entire secret of modelers is THROW OUT THE PRESETS. Everything on them works at about 1/3rd of the presets. I never use their distortions, I've just got used to a few amp models, the early Marshall 45 and the HiWatt 100. I've seen POD 2's and Digitech RP150's for $50, man. But keep the Walter. You can't possibly know if you DON'T need it yet. Smile

Vernon N. Holt

Battlefield, MO USA
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2019 8:41 am     LW Franklin Sig. 89' - New Offer

Will sell Head ONLY for $2,250.00. Or both units for $3,000.00. shipped free to lower 48 states.
vnh

Tommy Boswell

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2019 9:35 am    

If you wanted to hold onto that fine rig for future use, and still practice with it, I'd try a couple of things. Talk to the amp builder about tube options to reduce power. Or just try a different speaker cab with the amp head as is. That Paul Franklin speaker sounds fantastic and can be very aggressive, just what you need playing out with a band. But here's an inexpensive speaker that I've found to have a sweet voice for pedal steel at low volume, the Eminence Beta-12A-2:
http://www.eminence.com/speakers/speaker-detail/?model=Beta_12A-2

Vernon N. Holt

Battlefield, MO USA
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2019 9:39 am    

Thanks for all the "advice," guys; but, believe it or not, I do know what I'm doing!. Love to see some MONEY, instead of "advice."
vnh

Tommy Boswell

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2019 10:48 am    

Please forgive my unsolicited advice. Embarassed

Good luck on your sale!

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2019 1:49 am    

Vernon N. Holt wrote:
Thanks for all the "advice," guys; but, believe it or not, I do know what I'm doing!. Love to see some MONEY, instead of "advice."
vnh

Ha , pretty funny.Laughing

Thats why this is the "for sale" section !

Beauty of a rig, good luck !

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website

Vernon N. Holt

Battlefield, MO USA
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2019 5:41 pm     Please Close

Please close. Lack of interest. Guess I'll keep it. Vernon