The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Do you make friends with stink bugs?
Butch Mullen

North Carolina, USA 28681
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2019 1:41 pm    

Foggy, rainy Sunday afternoon. Sitting here in my music room/saddle shop/man cave and one of my friendly little stink bugs came strolling by. They even seem to like my playing. Just wondering if anybody else has these little guest stop by for a visit? If they invite too many of there friends over I have a small handheld vac I use to send them on there way. Now... where were we??? Butch in NC

Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2019 1:49 pm    

We get them by the millions here in early fall.. They are around any time of year, but on a sunny sept afternoon, my house is absolutely covered with them.. Hundreds if not thousands! I kind of like them but my wife screams like a lunatic when they start buzzing her head... bob

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......

Jeremy Reeves

Chatham, IL, USA
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2019 2:12 pm    

We've been getting more and more of them in Chicago suburbs, though they don't really stink like the ones I used to find as a kid. The polar vortex supposedly killed off a bunch but I still see them hiding about.

Bill McCloskey

Nanuet, NY
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2019 3:03 pm    

When my kids were about the perfect age for it, around 10 and 7, the 17 year cicadas came out. Now that was a sight to see, there were literally everywhere. My kid wrote a little piece on it and it got published in the local paper. You literally had to take broom anytime you opened the door to sweep them back. The noise was something else.

Butch Mullen

North Carolina, USA 28681
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2019 3:17 pm    

Friend dropped his pick inside his old Gibson through the sound hole turned it upside and shook it to get the pick out ,50 stink bugs fell out, no pick.

Gabriel Edell

Hamilton, Ontario
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2019 10:11 am    

Stink bugs are bad news. Once your house has them, they are virtually impossible to get rid of. They release a smelly residue while alive and they smell bad when they are dead. They breed in the bushes and trees close to the house - keep them out at all costs!

Kenny Foy

Lynnville, KY, USA
Post  Posted 15 Mar 2019 11:55 am    

Just out of curosity, are they stink bugs, or beetle bugs? We have the beetles here, by the truck load. ANNND would be glad to send some to anyone who wants them.