The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Review on Melbert Lap Steel Guitar
Courtney Beaucage

Maine, USA
Post  Posted 27 Feb 2019 6:42 pm    

I spent a lot of time researching where to buy a lap steel, 6 or 8 strings, which tuning and so on. I am beyond happy that I did my homework. Melbert Guitars did not disappoint!! I not only own a lap steel, I own a custom lap steel. The workmanship is very high quality and the builder has a wealth of knowledge to share. Hands down the best customer service I have ever experienced. Thank you Bob! One happy lap steel owner over here. It's absolutely beautiful and sounds amazing. It's above and beyond my expectations.

Steven Paris

Los Angeles
Post  Posted 27 Feb 2019 9:50 pm    

Pics??

Michael Lester

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2019 10:24 am     Bob Allen Melbert steel guitars

I think I can write without fear of contradiction that the world we buy things from today is impersonal at every level. Amazon, Walmart, etc., etc. thrive on the logic that while there is no personal service, the price will make up for it.

It's refreshing to run across people like Bob, Todd Clinesmith and other makers who visit this site.

There are still builders out there who provide a quality product, for a fair price with substantive backup support - and highly personalized service.

Bob Allen is in that group.

Congratulations on your new guitar.

Michael Lester

Ed Baker

Connecticut, USA
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2019 6:39 am    

I purchased a six string Melbert in May 2017 and have been totally happy with it.

It was a pleasure working with Robert and he accommodated some customization requests with no problem.

He also had an extra George L pickup from a previous order and offered that at no extra charge.

Robert Allen

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2019 8:21 am     Pic

Steven, here's a photo of Courtney's lap steel I took before shipping. Wood is cherry, natural stain, lacquer topcoat, George L's SS-10 pickup, scale 23.25, string spacing at nut and bridge .375, nut and bridge are phosphor bronze rod. Volume & tone controls with added treble bleed circuit. C6 tuning.