The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  My newest app favorites
Bill McCloskey

Nanuet, NY
Post  Posted 26 Feb 2019 5:14 pm    

Just got a new Ipad Pro with the new apple pen. But having a blast with some of the newer apps. Here are some of my favorites: The most expensive app was $15, most were a couple of bucks

1. Transcribe+ . One of the easiest to use slow down and looper tools I've seen. Load up a tune from your dropbox account or where ever and moving your finger to the right or left, slows or speeds it up, move up and down, pitch goes up or down and l click loop. one of the best sounding loopers I've heard.

2.SteelSidekick. for steel guitarists, chord and scale finder for steel guitar and you can create your own tunings. I use it a lot.

3. Dropbox: what can i say. all my sheet music, recordings, tutorials, whatever goes in dropbox.

4. Pro Metronome: great interface, all sorts of features.

5. IRealPro: like band in a box, great for practicing over changes. And immense library of music, especially jazz, you can download.

6. Spotify. Love it or hate it, we all use it.

7. ReadRhythm : fantastic tool for helping you sight read rhythm notation. I think learning to sight read rhythms is one of the most difficult and often ignored aspects of learning to sight read. Set up like a game, it walks you through hundreds of rhythms and time signatures with a metronome. A learn mode and a practice mode which gives you immediate feedback on who bad you are. This is one of my new favorites.

8. SymphonyPro5: I bought this to take advantage of the new Ipad Pro pen. Basically a notation editor, you can draw the notes on the staff and it figures out what you mean. I'm finding it useful to transcribe songs, practices scales, and compose. just got into it.