The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  "Hogans Dream" on C6 lap steel
Mick Hearn

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2019 4:30 pm    

I love seeing what pedal steel tunes I can get out of a lap steel. Here is one I had a go at but had to exercise artistic licence especially at the end. Not as easy as I thought it was going to be.

https://soundcloud.com/mike-hearn-197524187/hogans-dream

Norman Allen

Victoria, Canada
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2019 8:54 pm    

Very nice. I've seen Lloyd Green talk about how the music flows from his mind down through his arms and into his hands. What are all those levers for anyways.

Great job, Norm

Bill Sutton

Post  Posted 22 Feb 2019 7:40 am    

This is one of my favorite Lloyd Green songs. Hogans Dream is on my list of songs to load on you tube...and now that I've heard your version...it lights a fire under my rear end. I've been out of the mood to play my steel guitar...and you have just got me back in the mood. Thank you for a great post. You did a very good job on this beautiful song. Smile

Bill.

Mick Hearn

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2019 2:15 am    

Norman - Flows from his mind to his hands. The thing with Lloyd is having it in his mind to begin with and that's the difficult part. I just wish I could think like that.

Bill - Normally it's me getting inspiration from people like Lloyd Green. The fact that I have inspired you makes me feel very humble. Thank you.