The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  EPS 15c?
Andy Schick

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2019 4:51 am    

I'm going to put one in my older Webb. It currently has a 8 ohm JBL. Does the esp 15c come 8 ohm or is a 4 ohm OK to put in as a replacement?

Thank you

George Redmon

Muskegon & Detroit Michigan.
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2019 1:30 am    

Andy, are you referring to the Eminence "EPS-15C"? If so, then yes it is 4ohms, and yes it will work.

By the way andy. Eminence Speakers, which manufactures the EPS-15C you want to use, can change the ohms on any of their "non~signature" speakers. Doesn't even matter if the model you are interested in is still in production or not. They can do several customizations to their speakers. But.... they are several months behind. I'm having the ohms changed on two speakers i ordered directly from them. I ordered them back before thanksgiving, still tell me it might be a couple more months yet. Hope that helps.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2019 3:07 am    

I put an EPS-15C in a friends older Webb last year. Works fine and he is happy with the sound and less weight.

John Lacey

Black Diamond, Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 10 Feb 2019 12:17 pm    

Andy, like the other guys on this post, I think you’ll like the Emminence speaker. I put the Emminence speaker from my Evans SE200 in my Webb amp and it does the job. The neo speakers over more punch and clarity than the JBLs but you might have to adjust the highs for the “Eek” factor. It’s a bit of a spike around 2K that they have. It helps to use a Black box with it to soften up the peaks. On the plus side, you can really boot the bottom end without it cracking it up.

Billy Carr

Seminary, Mississippi, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2019 7:23 pm     Speaker

I use this speaker in both of my Tommy Huff built cabs with GK Mb200 & 500. No issues with either. Thinking about trying one of the PF-350 speakers. The 350 is 8 ohms & the Neo 15's are 4 ohms. Don't know how that would work.