The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Report: Steel Guitar Club of Victoria, TX
Randy Boyd

Victoria, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 31 Jan 2019 6:40 pm    

The Steel Guitar Club of Victoria had our January meeting this past Sunday. We had a great turnout of musicians and audience members. Thanks to the Gateway to the Gulf RV Park for hosting the meeting in their spacious activity center. They also provided the refreshments, and believe me, they were delicious!
We had three steelers participating: Roger Edgington, Roy Glaze, and myself. We had guitarists David Waters, Mark Shafer, and newcomer Mel Vogt. We had a solid rhythm section of John Sullivan on bass and Clint Herzer on drums, with vocals from David Waters, John Sullivan, Mel Vogt, and the "steel guitar addict" - Larry Schoppe.
Here are a few pic's.
We will meet again the 4th Sunday in February location to be determined. Also, check the Victoria in Motion Magazine for a surprise.
Thanks to everyone! Looking forward to next time!
Randy

Larry Schoppe

Lake Jackson, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2019 7:02 am    

Thanks, Randy, for forming & promoting this great steel guitar club. I always enjoy the meetings.