The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Ifi Idefender3.0 Usb Audio Ground Noise Loop Isolator
George Redmon

Muskegon & Detroit Michigan.
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2019 4:32 am    

I listen to a lot of music, and play steel & guitar on my laptop. I was wondering if anyone has actually bought and used one of these gadgets. Do these make a subtle difference, or a night & day difference? I do use an external USB 3.0 powered hub with a powered DAC interface. At 50 bucks a pop and an additional 50 bucks for their "almost silent" power pack, just seems a bit hefty to me. I've never noticed that i ever had a usb ground loop before.... i don't think anyways.

https://reverb.com/item/6547182-ifi-audio-idefender-3-0-usb-ground-loop-isolator

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2019 5:37 am    

That is a "ground loop" isolator (eliminator). Its for cases of a ground loop (AC power) hum between the PC and some external device. If you do not have a ground loop hum then its not needed.

George Redmon

Muskegon & Detroit Michigan.
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2019 8:22 am    

I don't have any ground loops or humming, so i think i'm good. Just thought it might have been something i needed for my interface or something. Thanks for the information. George