The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Anyone bought a bracket Goodrich OMNI? CANT get an answer
Josh Yenne

Sonoma California
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2019 3:46 pm    

So I decided to treat myself to a Goodrich Omni pedal for my xmas present to myself i've always played their pedals and this one just seemed too cool not to get it.

I really like having the bracket and need one for my gigging purposes.

I have emailed both people at the company. Jim at least responded once saying he was sending to Kevin.

I had multiple questions and have got NO answer... not a PEEP over many emails and about a month. Sucks cause I've had at least 15 students buy their pedals per my suggestion.

Anyways... the old brackets dont work for the new OMNI... the bracket show on their site is very vague whether it works or not... my buddy Ross was able to modify an old one... although it still needs a bit more mod and i need to find the right screws as the OMNI needs longer ones.

I think eventually I CAN get this one to work but there FIFTY dollar bracket is unclear of what it fits....

If not for me it would be good for others to know this.

David Ball

North Carolina High Country
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2019 3:57 pm    

I've had no problem with the current Goodrich bracket--it fits the Omni just fine.

Dave

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2019 4:00 pm    

I dont know how old your bracket is, but the current bracket will fit the OMNI and the standard pedals.

I am not sure about the hole spacing on the real old brackets.

Jim has been under the weather and Kevin is swamped. Kevin usually returns his calls within 48 hours.

Now if your students need a Goodrich product, have them contact me. I will offer them the best price.

I have pedals drop shipped and some people order a bracket at the same time.
The new brackets are expensive especially with shipping costs as high as they are.

If i can help yiu, my email is bferguson1947@gmail.com
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Josh Yenne

Sonoma California
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2019 4:16 pm    

Thats good to know.. my brackets are probably 4-5 years old.

Dale McPherson

Morristown, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2019 7:40 pm    

I am using a Mullen bracket on my Goodrich and my Telonics. Had to cut a notch out for the Goodrich so I would get full pedal travel. Easy to do.

Scott Duckworth

Etowah, TN Western Foothills of the Smokies
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2019 3:41 am    

I have an 18" bench top metal brake I got from Harbor Freight. I have maid them out of an old desktop computer case side. Paint it, stick some felt inside where it lays on the pedal bar.

I may, in fact, be nuts. However, I am screwed onto the right bolt... Jesus!

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2019 8:45 am    

I had an old Goodrich bracket and modified it for the Omni pedal. Not exactly space science.
Rolling Eyes
Erv

Steve French

Roseville CA
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2019 11:21 pm    

That doesn’t sound like Jim or Kevin. Just call them. There’re both in Mesa for the SWSGA event. One will surely get back to you promptly.

Steve

George Seymour

Notown, Vermont, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2019 7:28 am    

yeah I noticed this right off the bat.. don't feel like cobbing something up when the several ones on the market that fit everything else and don't on this. I use the pedal as a spare but did use it twice last weekend and it at times nudged under the pedal bar and restricted the volume where for a moment I thought I had a cord problem.. nice volume pedal otherwise..my opinion.. just my experience

George Seymour

Notown, Vermont, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2019 7:33 am    

Dale McPherson wrote:
I am using a Mullen bracket on my Goodrich and my Telonics. Had to cut a notch out for the Goodrich so I would get full pedal travel. Easy to do.

I really like this Mullen pedal bracket and that was what I ran into.. didn't feel like cutting it up to make it work.

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2019 7:47 am    

For the life of me, I can't find a problem installing a Goodrich Bracket on a Goodrich OMNI pedal, unless I am missing something.

Once again, I don't know about the OLD brackets before Jim and Kevin bought the company. It seems like I remember that the OLD brackets did not have elongated and oversized holes bored in the pedal bracket.

The new brackets do have oversized holes and they are elongated. I think that might have been done so that you could twist your volume pedal at a slight angle.

The OMNI pedal is the same width as the H or L 120.
The foot screw holes are a little closer to the end of the pedal, meaning that your bracket might stick out a little more than with a 120. That is easilly cured with a drill.
And if the string bracket that protrudes out the bottom of the pedal then hits the pedal bracket, once again a drill will take care of that.

I have sold dozens of the OMNI pedals with brackets, shipped directly from Goodrich and no one has told me that they were unhappy with the bracket on the OMNI.

I feel that when Jim and Kevin get home from the AZ show, one of them will jump on here and answer any questions or concerns. Their customer service is GREAT.

And George said that he has trouble with the pedal sliding under the pedal bar, without a bracket. I also have never encountered that problem.
I could see it happening on a VERY slick floor, but not the norm.

Bill
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2019 7:52 am    

Josh, I have one of the Tom Bradshaw brackets here that I've never used. PM your address and I'll mail it to you. If it works, we can settle on a reasonable price (cheap). If not, send it back to me.

kevin ryan

San Marcos, California
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2019 10:56 am    

Josh, sorry about the trouble you are having! I can not find an email from you anywhere. Let me know at some point what contact info you are using so I can avoid this confusion in the future with other folks, Thanks.
The current bracket we sell will work with the omni, not perfectly though. Jim has designed a new one and we will get you one soon. We are both at the SWSGA show right now but I'll get something to you the week. Thanks Kevin

George Seymour

Notown, Vermont, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2019 3:22 pm    

Thank you Kevin and I will indeed buy one

Ross Shafer

Petaluma, California
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2019 7:26 am    

I believe the fitment problem Josh is having only relates to the low profile Omni.

Jim Palenscar

Oceanside, Calif, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2019 8:05 am    

The old brackets work just fine however if you push them all the way back they will hit the string pedestal and not allow the pedal to be in the full on position. I simply cut the trailing 1" off and re-drilled the 2 screw holes to allow the pedal to be as close to the pedal bar as possible and we'll take care of that in the next production run.

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2019 10:20 am    

Thanks for chiming in Kevin and Jim.

I knew they worked but it seems some people did not.

Josh Yenne

Sonoma California
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2019 12:54 pm    

yes its the low profile Omni.

My old bracket needed to be shortened (done thanks to my friend ross) but the slots for the old pedal are not quite wide enough (not done yet)

Its not "rocket science" if you have the tools.. but I'm a musician for a living I dont own these tools... luckily I have a buddy and it will get done eventually... the low profile Omni and the old bracket most definitely does not work together without modification.

Don't know what happened to the emails as Jim forwarded one to you, and I sent at least one through the website itself.. maybe two... multiple specific questions multiple times with no response so if I was you i'd be a bit worried about your mail server. Smile

Its not the end of the world as i have other pedals... just a disappoiting process and communication the entire way through. I'm a fan of Goodrich for sure.

Josh Yenne

Sonoma California
Post  Posted 14 Feb 2019 12:31 am    

I finally got this working. But hopefully the next run is better and clearer. Nice pedal but confusing process.

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 14 Feb 2019 7:52 am    

I just talked to Kevin at Goodrich.

New brackets are in production that should work on either the 120 models and the OMNI model.

As soon as I get the info, I will post a picture on the forum to end this debadacle forever. Very Happy