The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Joe Hart
Barry Yasika

Bethlehem, Pa.
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2019 4:32 am    

-Is there any one on the forum that knows Joe Hart? Man that guy could play Franklin Jazz, Emmons, bluegrass, country and Jazz. "Complete" - master of the steel guitar. He was a school teacher in Daytona Beach and never wanted to do any road work. In his day he could fave found a gig with anyone he wanted. Road guys used to come in and ask if I know him and whee he was playing and back the (80's) he played at the Rockin E ranch in Day Ormond Beach. Buddy Emmons and Jeff Newman taught him at the Jeffran College. Better steel player that most I've ever heard. What happened to him? Such a really nice guy, He got me jump started and there's still things I use to this day that he showed me. I don't think he's passed away cuz I know people who've seen him around. He had the ugliest Emmons steel I ever saw because he did a lot of beach gigs the elements got to it, but he made that that sing. I sure miss him and hope he's doing well.

Ben Lawson

Brooksville Florida
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2019 1:54 pm    

Ricky, I chatted with Joe on Facebook a while back. I'll check to see if I can find him. I believe I took his place when he left Church Street Station. The way everyone spoke of him I was more than a bit intimidated to try to fill his spot.

Ben Lawson

Brooksville Florida
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2019 5:51 pm    

Sorry Barry I'm old and confused about names.

Barry Yasika

Bethlehem, Pa.
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2019 11:52 pm    

Thenks Ben, Joe was a steel players - steel player. There's a lot of guys out there who can play the thiing but man Joe it had down and I mean down back in the late 70's early 80's. He played steel, guitar, violin, dobro and of all things chello. He had a master's degree in music and it showed. He wouldn't go on the road though because he teaching gig was just too important to him along with the fact that he loved his wife way too much, My deepest respect to him. He has a facebook page but only like 40 friends on it. He was a legend in Daytona. If he played CHurch street it was a house gig for him. That was Doug Stock, another monster but great guy.I've only heard rumors and for his sake I hope they aren't true. Big Red knows and used him. But no matter what anyone says, I'd have to see it believe itl Thaks for you input and staying it touch, Nuss tiy man.

Ben Lawson

Brooksville Florida
Post  Posted 31 Jan 2019 5:58 am    

Barry, Joe played Sunday's and Monday's at CSS. I started when he left. Any band that played there regularly was called the Cheyenne Stampede no matter what name they used anywhere else. The band I worked with was a great bunch;The Malones.
It worked out great for me because I worked at the Barn in Sanford the other five nights.
I moved back to Florida again this past August. Had enough cold and snow in N.J. I talk to Big Red and your name comes up often.
Stay warm pal!

Steve Becker

Daytona Beach FL
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2019 6:30 am    

Joe is still alive and well and living in Daytona.

Ben Lawson

Brooksville Florida
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2019 2:39 am    

Thanks Steve. Maybe Joe will see this and respond to Barry.
I messaged him on Facebook but he hasn't responded yet.