| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Post new topic Biab 2019
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Biab 2019
Joe Wheeler


From:
Marion Louisiana Union
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2019 3:13 am    
Reply with quote

Has anyone tried the 2019 64 bit version of biab. The sale special ends soon and I am thinking of upgrading my 2013 version but would appreciate any feedback .Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Norman Evans


From:
Tennessee
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2019 5:35 am    
Reply with quote

I mainly updated to get the plugin for dragging tracks to a DAW. I can't tell any difference in the 64 or 32 bit,YMMV. The program defaults to 32 bit anyway. To be able to use and to get an icon for the 64 bit, I had to go into the bb folder and create an icon. Then I could open the 64 bit from my start page. The Real Tracks are probably better than 2013.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Rick Campbell


From:
Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2019 9:41 am    
Reply with quote

Norman Evans wrote:
I mainly updated to get the plugin for dragging tracks to a DAW. I can't tell any difference in the 64 or 32 bit,YMMV. The program defaults to 32 bit anyway. To be able to use and to get an icon for the 64 bit, I had to go into the bb folder and create an icon. Then I could open the 64 bit from my start page. The Real Tracks are probably better than 2013.


Norman,

I did the same as you. What do you think about the DAW plugin? I haven't had a chance to experiment with it very much.

RC
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Greg Cutshaw


From:
Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2019 10:44 am    
Reply with quote

I bought the 2017 Audiophile version (registered) on hard drive new for $450. It was great deal and it's so easy to port tracks between BIAB/RealBand and Reaper that I am not tempted to upgrade even with the DAW plug-in capability.


It's still for sale at about the price for 2019:

https://www.midi-store.com/PG-Music-Band-in-a-Box-Audiophile-Version-2019-PC-p/sku42519klk.htm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Rick Campbell


From:
Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2019 12:02 pm    
Reply with quote

Greg Cutshaw wrote:
I bought the 2017 Audiophile version (registered) on hard drive new for $450. It was great deal and it's so easy to port tracks between BIAB/RealBand and Reaper that I am not tempted to upgrade even with the DAW plug-in capability.


It's still for sale at about the price for 2019:

https://www.midi-store.com/PG-Music-Band-in-a-Box-Audiophile-Version-2019-PC-p/sku42519klk.htm


Greg, In my very limited experience with the DAW plugin, I don't see that I'm gaining anything. It still has to render the song. My normal procedure is to complete the song in BIAB, render it as separate track wave files to a folder, highlight all the files and drag them to Studio One. Maybe I'll find new uses for the plugin as I work with it more. Look forward to hearing what Norman has to say. He's a sharp guy. He'll figure it out if anybody will.

RC
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Norman Evans


From:
Tennessee
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2019 3:06 pm    
Reply with quote

Rick,
The plugin works ok, but seems slow to me. I'm going the same route I did before.
The count-in clicks are never loud enough to suit me using real tracks. I arrange the song in BIAB, pick a style, save it, and then open it in RealBand. Then I add a blank bar at the beginning of the song, highlight the count-in and do a gain change to get the count-in louder. Then I save each track as an individual wave file and then I can import into a DAW. This is easier than the plugin for me.
Norm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Rick Campbell


From:
Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2019 7:46 pm    
Reply with quote

Norman Evans wrote:
Rick,
The plugin works ok, but seems slow to me. I'm going the same route I did before.
The count-in clicks are never loud enough to suit me using real tracks. I arrange the song in BIAB, pick a style, save it, and then open it in RealBand. Then I add a blank bar at the beginning of the song, highlight the count-in and do a gain change to get the count-in louder. Then I save each track as an individual wave file and then I can import into a DAW. This is easier than the plugin for me.
Norm


Same here, but I don't have any problem with the count-in volume.


RC
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Jump to:  
Please review our Forum Rules and Policies
Our Online Catalog
Strings, CDs, instruction, and steel guitar accessories
www.SteelGuitarShopper.com

The Steel Guitar Forum
148 S. Cloverdale Blvd.
Cloverdale, CA 95425 USA

Support This Forum



BIAB Styles
Ray Price Shuffles for Band-in-a-Box
by Jim Baron