The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  lite weight steel guitar case
Joe Jones

Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2019 4:41 pm    

i'm looking for a lite weight steel guitar case (Emmons legrande) my road case is getting to heavy for me.

Roger Rettig

Naples, FL
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2019 5:11 pm    

Get in touch with Steve Hinson and order a Brand X case from him. Made of fibre-board, they're far lighter than standard cases.

He has a Facebook page, I think, but do search for him on here.

Jim Saunders

Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2019 5:48 am     Cases

Kevin Hatton makes a good, custom made case. Lighter than mosthttp://www.hattoncases.net/.

Ben Waligoske

Denver, CO
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2019 8:07 am    

You may also contact Jim Heep at Steel Guitars of Nashville/LoudnProud Music. Just yesterday he shipped me a very nice wheeled SKB case with custom foam cutouts for all my guitars... haven't received it yet but from the photos it looks like an amazing solution!

Marc Jenkins

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2019 8:48 am    

Roger Rettig wrote:
Get in touch with Steve Hinson and order a Brand X case from him. Made of fibre-board, they're far lighter than standard cases.

He won’t reply.

I just ordered a lightweight plastic, fibre-style custom case from phillycase.com - will post review after it arrives.

Lee Baucum

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2019 10:37 am    

Roger Rettig wrote:

Last year, Steve told me he simply didn't have the time to make cases. He was too busy making music!

Lee

Steve Hinson

Hendersonville Tn USA
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2019 11:01 pm    

I'm not very good at answering correspondence re the cases...2018 was a VERY busy year playing wise,but I was able to make a few cases in the fall...I am going to start some more tomorrow as soon as I get back from Nashville...I apologize to Marc and anyone else who hasn't heard back from me-anybody looking for a case for a steel,small combo amp or amp head or cab or seat,give me a shout...brandxcases.com

Thx
Steve

George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2019 2:32 pm     Li te weight steel guitar caze

I went to soft sided split cases and got the weight of my D-10 Zum down to 36# inc.the case. I lined it with 1" case foam covered with plush material from a throw. Best to put a piece of 1/4" ply in the bottom for some stiffness. Case for legs and pedal bar need no foam. I am extremely happy with the cases. I just ordered a set for a friend last week. The steel case was $39.00 and some change, inc. shipping and the bar and legs case, $25.00, including shipping. If interested, I can send you the sources I used.

To see and read about them, do a forum search by John Swain titled Legrande gig bag deconstructed.

Leo Grassl

Madison TN
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2019 3:29 pm    

I love my Brand X cases made by Steve Hinson. Mine have been through hell and back and hold up great to this day. I use them for everything including flights and bus or van touring. The weight you save is huge, your guitar is well protected and they look cool Cool

Steve Hinson

Hendersonville Tn USA
Post  Posted 15 Jan 2019 9:22 pm    

Leo Grassl wrote:
I love my Brand X cases made by Steve Hinson. Mine have been through hell and back and hold up great to this day. I use them for everything including flights and bus or van touring. The weight you save is huge, your guitar is well protected and they look cool Cool

Thanks,Leo!You have been a great customer!I appreciate you!

Anybody who has tried to get a case from me-try again...I've quit travelling(after 40 years!)and I'm staying home,playing around town,and making cases!

Steve